Parks Sausage sale is delayed for third time

August 31, 1996|BY A SUN STAFF WRITER

The sale of Parks Sausage Co. faces its third delay after several parties failed yesterday to complete the legal work required for ex-football star Franco Harris to take over the struggling company, an attorney for the company said.

Mark Friedman, the attorney, blamed the delay on details being worked out by Harris, the company's creditors and the state, which will guarantee a portion of more than $4.5 million in financing. Friedman insisted there was no threat to the deal.

The closing, originally scheduled Aug. 5, was pushed back to Aug. 20. Harris said last week that the deal would close by Aug. 30. Friedman said he now hopes the deal will be finished next week.

Pub Date: 8/31/96

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.