Cable worker burned as he hits gas line

August 29, 1996

A Comcast Cable utility worker suffered severe burns on his arms and hands yesterday after striking an underground natural gas line in Elkridge, according to the State Fire Marshal.

Jack Barber was digging to repair a cable line in the 6000 block of Augustine Ave. about 12: 30 p.m. when he hit the gas pipeline, causing flames to erupt.

The fire marshal said he suffered second- and third-degree burns, but no information was available about where he was taken for treatment.

A Ford service van was destroyed by the fire.

Pub Date: 8/29/96

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.