High-speed chase and crash lead to charges of drunken driving

Police blotter

July 14, 1996|By TaNoah Morgan | TaNoah Morgan,SUN STAFF

An early morning traffic stop Friday led to a high-speed chase down Marley Neck Boulevard that ended with a crash at a house on Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard and the arrest of a Pasadena man on drunken-driving charges, county police said.

John Anthony Bischoff, 25, of the 900 block of Mount Desert Harbour was charged with driving while intoxicated, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, fleeing and eluding, driving with a suspended license and speeding. He was treated at North Arundel Hospital for minor injuries received in the crash XTC and released.

Officer Gary Kazor was on Fort Smallwood Road about 2: 30 a.m. when he saw a 1996 Pontiac being driven erratically, police said. Kazor pulled the car over near Marley Neck Boulevard, but the driver sped off as the officer approached, police said.

Kazor and Officer Don F. Ward chased the car about 3 1/2 miles to Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard, where the vehicle jumped the curb, ran across a lawn and smashed into a pickup truck parked in the back of a driveway.

The driver jumped out and ran, but the officers caught him a short time later on Clara Circle, police said.

Disguised man claims to have bomb, robs bank

A man disguised with a shoulder-length wig walked into the Pasadena branch of Arundel Federal Savings Bank Thursday, told a teller he had a bomb and robbed the bank of an undisclosed amount of money, county police said.

Witnesses told police the man entered the bank in the 4100 block of Mountain Road shortly before noon and announced a holdup. A teller gave him cash and the man fled, police said.

Man charged with theft of VCR from store

County police arrested a Baltimore man Thursday on charges of stealing a videocassette recorder from the Glen Burnie Baltimore Gas and Electric Co. store where he worked, authorities said.

Tyrone Jacobs, 45, of the 400 block of Oxford Court was charged with felony theft.

Police said a store manager chased the man, took the VCR from him and went back to the store to call police, who arrested the man.

Pub Date: 7/14/96

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.