Fire damages home in Wilde Lake village

June 18, 1996|By Kathleen B. Hennelly | Kathleen B. Hennelly,CONTRIBUTING WRITER

A fire yesterday at a house on Thicket Lane in Columbia's Wilde Lake village caused an estimated $15,000 in damage and sent one occupant to the hospital.

Mona El-Atabaney, 44, was taken to Howard County General Hospital where she was treated for respiratory distress and released, a hospital spokesman said.

El-Atabaney's husband, Ahmed El-Haggan, and their four children, ages 18 months to 19 years were not injured in the fire.

The blaze is being investigated, but fire officials believe it was an accidental cooking fire.

The home was equipped with a smoke detector, but it was not operational at the time of the fire, fire officials said.

Pub Date: 6/18/96

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.