Workman soldering pipes starts fire in Highland

April 05, 1996|By Ed Heard | Ed Heard,SUN STAFF

Insulation in a Highland home caught fire while a plumber soldered pipes Wednesday and burned inside the walls, Howard County fire officials said.

The plumber was alone in the house in the 6500 block of Riverclyde Drive when the fire began about 10 a.m. He was not injured, said Sgt. Robert Wiseman, a spokesman for the Howard County Fire Department.

It took crews from Howard and Montgomery counties about an hour to extinguish the fire, officials said.

The fire burned insulation and electrical wiring, causing about $50,000 in damage to the $500,000 home, Sergeant Wiseman said.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.