Balto. residents charged with shoplifting

April 03, 1996

County police arrested a Baltimore man and woman in alleged shoplifting incidents Sunday at department stores in Marley Station mall.

Damon Michael Fleary, 22, of the first block of North Fulton Ave., was charged with theft from Macy's, and Mary Nickcole Montgomery, 37, of the 600 block of Claymont Ave. was charged with theft from the Hecht Co.

Steve Sumner, a security guard for Macy's, told police he saw a man pick up a Polo shirt from a display about 3: 30 p.m., take it into the fitting room but come out without it. A store clerk could not find the shirt, police said.

The man walked around the store, picked up another Polo shirt from a display, hid it in a bag and left without paying for either shirt, police said. Mr. Sumner stopped the man, searched him, found the first shirt under his clothing and the second shirt in the bag, and called police.

The shirts were valued at $127.

In the second incident, Hecht's security guard Chris Schmidt told police he saw a woman take several items of clothing from store displays into a fitting room shortly before 7 p.m.

The woman left the fitting room moments later without any of the clothes she took in. A store clerk checked the room and found only sensor tags from the clothes, police said. Mr. Schmidt stopped the woman as she was leaving the store, searched her and found $174 worth of clothing stuffed into her girdle, police said.

Baltimore man is charged in theft of Nintendo game

A Baltimore man was arrested Monday on charges of stealing a Nintendo Game Boy from the Glen Burnie Best Buy, county police said.

Allen Thomas Fisher Jr., 25, of the 2800 block of Washington Blvd., was charged with theft and making a false statement to police.

Kevin Shawn, a security guard for the store in the 6700 block of Ritchie Highway, told police he saw a man take the video game system from a display shortly before 8 p.m., hide it in his clothes and leave the store without paying. Mr. Shawn stopped the man outside the store, seized the game and called police. When Officer Todd Powell arrived, the man gave him a false name, address and date of birth that did not match police records.

The man later admitted to his real name, and police charged him with giving false information.

Pub Date: 4/03/96

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.