Kerosene space heater explodes in farmhouseA kerosene...

March 28, 1996

Kerosene space heater explodes in farmhouse

A kerosene space heater exploded in a Scaggsville farmhouse yesterday afternoon, causing severe smoke and fire damage, Howard County fire officials said.

A resident, who was not identified yesterday by fire officials, complained about chest pains after the incident, but no serious injuries were reported. The explosion is under investigation, said Lt. Michael Baker, a fire spokesman for Howard County.

The incident was reported at about 1: 23 p.m., when firefighters were called to the farm home in the 11400 block of Scaggsville Road. Fire stations from Clarksville, Scaggsville and Columbia's Banneker station maneuvered 10 fire units up a long driveway to get to the fire and had it under control in about 15 minutes, Lieutenant Baker said.

Pub Date: 3/28/96

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.