3-year-old boy chokes to death on hot dog

February 14, 1996|By FROM STAFF REPORTS

A 3-year-old Glen Burnie boy choked to death on a hot dog yesterday while attending a Chesapeake High School basketball game with his grandmother, Anne Arundel County Fire Department officials said.

Taylor Jones was not breathing when he arrived at North Arundel Hospital at 6:34 p.m., about an hour after he began choking in the Pasadena high school's gymnasium, fire officials said. After working on the child for cardiac arrest, doctors pronounced Taylor dead at 7:34 p.m.

Taylor attended the afternoon game between Chesapeake High School and Old Mill High School with his grandmother.

The woman reportedly was working at the concession stand when she handed her grandson a hot dog to snack on. Taylor soon began gasping for air as the food stuck in his throat, fire officials said.

Two police officers nearby called for help at 5:54 p.m. Paramedics arrived but were unable to revive the boy.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.