TNT tonight offers the chance to re-acquaint yourself with the once and future king of Hollywood. Take advantage of it.
* "National Geographic" (8 p.m.-9 p.m., WBAL, Channel 11) -- This is as near as you'll want to get to the "Last Feast of the Crocodiles," as the beasts chow down on a horde of critters along a South African river. These guys may be too nasty for small kids. NBC.
* "Law & Order" (10 p.m.-11 p.m., WBAL, Channel 11) -- Andre Braugher, Kyle Secor and Richard Belzer from "Homicide" visit New York City to help investigate a gas bomb attack on a Manhattan subway. ("Law & Order" repays the favor by visiting Baltimore and "Homicide" Friday.) NBC.
* "Greatest Shows You Never Saw" (10 p.m.-11 p.m., WJZ, Channel 13) -- Here are samples from series pilots that never made it on the air. You won't have any trouble figuring out why. CBS.
* "Clark Gable: Tall, Dark and Handsome" (8 p.m.-9 p.m., TNT) -- This retrospective on the King of Hollywood commemorates what would have been his 95th birthday last Sunday. It's an adequate, if sketchy, introduction to the Gable mystique.
* "Rediscovering America" (10 p.m.-11 p.m., repeats 2 a.m.-3 a.m., Discovery Channel) -- David Hartman is the host for "Klondike Fever," a riveting chronicle of the men and women who set out for Alaska in 1894 to find gold, lugging thousands of pounds of supplies over mountain passes covered in feet-upon-feet of snow. The show includes still pictures, re-enactments and even some motion picture footage shot by cameramen sent to the Klondike by Thomas Edison. Amazing stuff.
* "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" (10 p.m.-10:30 p.m., Nickelodeon) -- Ladies' man Ted actually gets the girl -- and no one is more surprised than Ted. Hilarious, one of Ted Knight's best.
* "The Paper Chase" (11 p.m.-midnight, Nostalgia) -- This pilot show finds first-year law student James Hart immediately running afoul of the imperious Professor Kingsfield. Watch for Marilu Henner in a supporting role.