New manager Davey Johnson and general manager Pat Gillick will be joined by more than a dozen current and former Orioles at the team's 1996 Winter Carnival, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. next Saturday at Camden Yards.
Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for children 12 and under, and are available through TicketMaster, or at the Orioles ticket office in advance or the day of the carnival. Proceeds benefit the Orioles Charitable Foundation. For more information, call (410) 685-9800.
Throughout the day, there will be clubhouse tours, batting cages and speed pitching machines, play-by-play booth, trivia contests, baseball card dealers and family entertainment. Refreshment stands will be open. Available for autographs at various times will be Bobby Bonilla, Roger McDowell, Chris Hoiles, Rick Krivda, Bill Ripken, Jimmy Haynes, Mike Flanagan, Tippy Martinez, Ken Singleton and Elrod Hendricks.
A list of special events:
* 11 a.m.: Fan forum on baseball operations with Gillick, Johnson, assistant GM Kevin Malone and scouting director Gary Nickels.
* 12:15 p.m.: Hitting clinic with Randy Milligan.
* 1 p.m.: Fan forum on Orioles front office and behind the scenes operations with vice chairman Joe Foss, director of business services Walt Gutowski, community relations director Julie Wagner, ticket manager Audrey Brown, Oriole Productions manager Vince Steier, head groundskeeper Paul Zwaska and field attendant Ernie Tyler.
* 2 p.m.: Fan forum on media predictions with Buster Olney and Peter Schmuck of The Sun, Tim Kurkjian of Sports Illustrated, Mark Maske of the Washington Post, Scott Garceau of WMAR-TV and Bruce Cunningham of WBFF-TV.
* 2:15 p.m.: Pitching clinic with ex-Orioles pitcher Dave Johnson.
* 3:30 p.m.: Catching and fielding clinic with Andy Etchebarren and Jeff Manto.