Dr. Charles N. Davidson, radiologist, UM professor

November 24, 1995

Dr. Charles N. Davidson, a retired radiologist who served as chief of radiology and professor of radiology at the University of Maryland and maintained a private practice in the Baltimore area, died Nov. 8 in Milwaukee of complications of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.

He retired in 1979 from private practice as a partner in Radiology Associates with offices in Towson, Dundalk and Cockeysville. In 1972, he retired as adjunct professor of clinical radiology at the University of Maryland medical school.

He started his career at Maryland as a resident in radiology at University Hospital in 1939 and remained on the staff until 1953, serving for a time as chief of radiology. He served as president of the Maryland Radiological Society and its predecessor, the Radiological Section of the Baltimore City Medical Society, and of the board of Blue Shield of Maryland.

He moved from Baltimore to Charlottesville, Va., in 1991 and was a member of the Health Sciences Council and the Lawn Society of the University of Virginia. In 1994, he moved again to the home of his daughter in Brookfield, Wis.

A memorial service for Dr. Davidson will be held at 3 p.m. today at Centenary United Methodist Church in Lynchburg, Va.

He is survived by his wife, the former Katherine Davis; his daughter, Nancy Davidson Neal; his son, the Rev. Charles N. Davidson Jr. of Farmington Hills, Mich.; a sister, Edna Earle Nuckols, of Dover, Del.; and four grandchildren.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.