Lazarus Union plans organ rededication

October 03, 1995

Lazarus Union Church will celebrate the rededication of its Moller organ at 7 p.m. Sunday.

The Moller organ was purchased in 1947 and dedicated on March 9, 1947 and has been used regularly over the past 46 years. During the summer, the organ was refurbished and restored, and 49 pipes were added to enhance the sound.

David Jeffers of Dallastown, Pa., acted as consultant for the organ committee.

During the rededication service, an organ recital will be offered by Mr. Jeffers, who is a member of the Organ Historical Society, the American Theatre Organ Society and the Guild of American Organists.

Music will also be provided by the three church organists, Helen Geiler, Mary Jane Graf and Sherry Lang. The Joint Lazarus Choir will sing several anthems.

Guests will include former organists and the Rev. Alton Leister, who was serving the church at the time of the dedication. George Myers of Hanover, a member of the organ committee in 1947, will also attend.

The church is at 5101 S. Church St., Lineboro. Information: 374-1304.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.