Grand-prize winner will get a new home
Step into a Wendy's Old-Fashioned Hamburgers for a value meal or a 20-ounce drink during the next three weeks and you could walk out with a new home.
That's the grand prize in a national program sponsored by Wendy's, Coca-Cola and Century 21 Real Estate Corp.
From now until September 25th, the "Everyday Value Instant Pay-Off Promotion" will feature 20-ounce cups with peel-off game pieces with prizes ranging from up to $200,000 toward the purchase of a home to a free burger, fries or frosty from Wendy's.
Ten each first through fifth prizes will be awarded. They include $9,000 for mortgage or rent payment for one year, $2,200 toward your car note, $1,900 for utility bills, $1,100 for gas and $350 for long-distance phone calls.
Century 21 Forty West in Ellicott City is distributing 10,000 Wendy's discount coupons in the Greater Baltimore area.
Melrose Castle goes on the block Sept. 14
Melrose Castle, sitting on 50 secluded acres near Warrenton, Va., will be sold at auction Sept. 14 by Express Auctions of Baltimore.
Built circa 1854, the castle is listed in the state's Landmarks Register as "among Virginia's most important expressions of the castellated mode of the mid-19th century Gothic revival."
Appraised at more than $2 million, the property includes a large stream, barn and kennels. The Casanova Hunt is held on its equestrian trails each fall.
The restored castle has a formal living room, family living room, dining room, kitchen, office, study, two powder rooms, a servants' sitting room, a full bath and a screened flagstone porch on the first floor.
Three staircases lead to the second floor, which has seven bedrooms and five full baths. The master bedroom, created from three bedrooms, has two fireplaces and multiple closets. The master bath features two sinks, a whirlpool tub, a shower, walk-in closet and fireplace.
For more information, contact Larry Makowski at (410) 243-9999.
NEWS IN BRIEF
* Ardo Contracting Inc. of Columbia won a merit award in the Renaissance '95 competition sponsored by Remodeling magazine and the Remodelers Council of the National Association of Home Builders. Ardo's "Patton Bath and Porch" project will be included in the November issue of Remodeling.
* Baltimore Chapter 21 of the American Society of Professional Estimators elected Earl T. Rosenow of E. T. Rosenow Construction Services Co. president for the 1995-96 term. Other officers: Eugene Taylor, E. Taylor Estimating Services, first vice president; Monte L. Bordner, Bordner's Construction Consulting & Estimating, second vice president; David H. Glenn, D. H. Fewster Painting, third vice president; Steven L. Snyder, MacKenzie/O'Conor, Piper & Flynn, secretary; and Douglas W. Eder, Oak Construction Corp., treasurer.
New directors are Joseph A. Sweigard Jr., J. A. Sweigard Jr. Estimating Services; Roy E. Sanders, R. E. Sanders Mechanical Estimating Services; Eugene S. Lambertson, E. S. Lambertson Company; and Erle W. Howard Jr., Electrical Estimating Services.
* Baltimore Housing Partnership, a citywide nonprofit housing development company, said founding Executive Director Patricia A. Massey is leaving Sept. 30 to become vice president of development for Roizman Development Inc., a real estate development and management firm headquartered in Norristown, Pa. Ms. Massey has been with BHP since early 1984.
* Bozzuto Homes has opened a sales center at Amber Ridge in the Milestone development in Germantown in Montgomery County where 67 townhouses and 76 condominiums will be built. The planned community will include parks, playing fields and a wetlands preserve that is home to more than 100 species of plants and animals.
* Guaranteed Title & Escrow Company has opened for business in association with the law offices of Myles L. Lichtenberg. A residential and commercial real estate settlement company, the new firm has offices in Owings Mills and Columbia.
* JME Consulting Inc. said its president, Joan M. Eisenberg, was elected chairwoman of the board of governors of the Society of Kitchen and Bathroom Designers of the National Kitchen and Bath Association during the group's recent meeting in San Francisco. She will take office in January 1996.
A certified kitchen and bathroom designer, Ms. Eisenberg will be featured in the fall issue of Woman's Day Kitchens & Baths magazine, which selected her to lead the team that created the 1995 Design Idea Center project displayed at the NKBA exposition earlier this summer in New Orleans.
* Long & Foster Real Estate Inc. received a Gold Circle Award from the PHH Real Estate Network for generating the most referral closings in 1994 for the national relocation referral group. PHH has more than 450 real estate firms.
* Neighborhood Housing Services of Baltimore Inc. named Elizabeth M. Wright chairwoman of its board of directors and Ellen M. Casale as the board member representing the state of Maryland.