A Joppa man was abducted at gunpoint Aug. 4 and held in the toolbox of his pickup truck for two days, until he worked his way free Sunday morning, Baltimore police said.
Donald Knapp, 29, of the 600 block of Shore Drive was treated for severe dehydration at the Howard County General Hospital before being released, according to Sam Ringgold, a spokesman for the Baltimore Police Department.
Mr. Knapp was walking out of Mondawmin Mall about 3 p.m. Friday and heading toward his pickup truck when he was assaulted by a man with a semiautomatic handgun, Mr. Ringgold said.
The man ordered Mr. Knapp to lie on the floor of his truck and drove around for 15 minutes before stopping to pick up another man. The two men robbed Mr. Knapp of an undisclosed amount of money and then forced him into the tool box of his truck -- a container that stretches the width of the vehicle.
The men parked in a secluded area of Patapsco Valley State Park near Ellicott City. Mr. Knapp waited until they left and then picked the lock on the tool box, Mr. Ringgold said.
About 9 a.m. Sunday, a motorist saw Mr. Knapp wandering in the area and called 911.
* FUGITIVE ARREST: Edgewood -- An Edgewood man wanted on stalking charges by Georgia authorities was being held without bail at the Harford County Detention Center, awaiting extradition, said sheriff's deputies who arrested the man Monday at his home.
Krishan Srinath Raghuveer, 44, of the 1600 block of Ashby Square, has been working as a chemist at the Edgewood area of the Aberdeen Proving Ground, deputies said. He has been wanted by Cobb County, Ga., police since June 1994 for allegedly stalking a woman, deputies said.
* VEHICLE VANDALISM: Bel Air -- Three Bel Air teen-agers are free on their own recognizance after being arrested Aug. 6 on charges of smashing car windows, scratching paint on the cars and threatening residents in the 1300 block of Sweetbriar Lane, sheriff's deputies said.
Anthony Bradley Wisniewski, 18, of the 1000 block of Ellicott Drive, Harold Patton Ball II, 19, of the 2100 block of West Court, and Michael Morris Svehla, 19, of the 100 block of Royal Oak Drive were charged with three counts each of malicious destruction of property, deputies said.
The incident occurred about 1 a.m. when residents reported three boys had vandalized their cars and yelled threats at them. The damage was estimated at more than $300, said deputies. No motive was known.
Deputies linked the three to two July 26 incidents, also in Bel Air, in which victims reported damage to vehicles parked in the 100 block of Lynbrook Road and in the 800 block of Ellicott Drive.
* ROBBERY: Joppa -- A 19-year-old Edgewood man was robbed by an unidentified man at the Magnolia Exxon service station on Route 152 about 9:45 p.m. on July 26, sheriff's deputies said. The man told deputies he had bought a soda and was returning to his vehicle when the assailant approached him, demanded his money and threatened to kill him. The victim gave the assailant an undisclosed amount of money.
* BURGLARY: Joppa -- The Harford County Crime Solvers, a group of concerned residents, is offering a reward of up to $1,000 for information leading to the arrest and indictment of the person who broke into a house in the 2000 block of Old Joppa Road July 19 about 1:30 p.m. and stole jewelry, a videocassette recorder and two saws worth an estimated $3,600, state police said.
Witnesses reported seeing a white male who appeared to be in his late 20s, 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighing about 200 pounds. He was seen leaving the area in a copper-colored Buick. A white female with blond hair, who appeared to be in her 20s, was also seen on the property, state police said. She was driving a light gray four-door hatchback.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Solvers hot line at (410) 877-STOP. Callers need not give their name or appear in court.
* ARMED ROBBERY: Riverside -- Sheriff's deputies are searching for a man wanted in the armed robbery of a 29-year-old Belcamp woman.
The victim said she was filling her car with gasoline at the Riverside Mobil, in the 1300 block of Riverside Parkway, shortly after 5 a.m. Monday when a white man about 6 feet tall with sandy brown hair came up behind her, pointed a rifle or shotgun at her and demanded money.
The assailant, who appeared to be 25 to 28 years old and was wearing a blue sweat shirt with a hood and blue jeans, took the woman's purse and fled into the Gilmer Woods section of Riverside, deputies said.
Anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff's criminal investigation division at 836-5442.
* HANDGUN ARREST: Edgewood -- Sheriff's deputies arrested a 26-year-old Pennsylvania man about 4 a.m. Aug. 5 and charged him with carrying a concealed handgun.
Willard Andrew Schnell of the 100 block of Jubilee Road in Peach Bottom, Pa., was arrested after police stopped the Nissan Stanza he was driving on Edgewood Road near Route 7.