Faulty electrical cord causes house fire

July 07, 1995

A faulty electrical cord caused a fire Wednesday at a house in the 1000 block of Day Road in Sykesville, fire officials said.

The owner, Roland E. Hall III, discovered the blaze in a bedroom of the house about 7:45 p.m., according to a deputy fire marshal.

The fire caused about $10,000 damage -- about $5,000 to the wood-framed house structure and the remaining damage to furniture and contents in the room, said Mickey Day, chief of the West Friendship fire department.

About 25 firefighters got the blaze under control in 20 minutes, Mr. Day said.

Red Cross schedules two blood drives

The American Red Cross has scheduled two blood drives this month in western Howard County.

The first will take place from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Lisbon Community Fire Hall, 1330 Woodbine Road, south of Route 144.

The second drive is slated for 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. July 18 at St. Louis Catholic Church, 12500 Route 108 in Clarksville.

Those interested should call (800) GIVE-BLOOD to schedule an appointment.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.