Eleanor W. Morris Treasurer's clerk

June 27, 1995

Eleanor Wilson Morris, a retired clerk in the Harford County treasurer's office who often told entertaining stories about her rural childhood, died of complications from a stroke Friday at Greater Baltimore Medical Center. She was 85.

Mrs. Morris retired in 1980, after working for the county for more than 25 years.

The former Eleanor Irvine Wilson lived her entire life in the rural community of Pylesville, where her family had farmed for more than two centuries.

She was the family genealogist, enjoyed vegetable gardening, volunteered with Meals on Wheels, and had a reputation for being adventuresome.

At age 63, she asked a son-in-law if she could try his new skis and proceeded to ski down a hill near her home.

A 1926 graduate of Highland High School in Street, who continued her education at Brubaker Business School in Baltimore, she married Kenneth L. Morris in 1937.

They operated a 120-acre dairy farm a mile from her childhood home until the late 1970s.

Services were to be held at 1:30 p.m. today at Highland Presbyterian Church, 701 Highland Road in Street, where Mrs. Morris was a lifelong member.

Her survivors, in addition to her husband, are two daughters, Frances Morris McNear of Baltimore and Linda Lowe Morris of Monkton; and two grandsons.

The family suggested memorial donations to the church, or to the Maryland Food Committee, 2521 N. Charles St., Baltimore 21218.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.