The work of Baltimore's favorite film son, Barry Levinson, is on display twice tonight: on cable with one of his not-so-successful recent releases and in an episode of "Homicide." Also look for cameo guest spots here and there.
* "Inside Maryland" (7:30 p.m.-8 p.m., MPT, Channels 22, 67) -- Jeff Salkin and Sloane Brown are the hosts of this new weekly magazine show that covers Maryland news issues and personalities. The show will repeat at 11 a.m. Sundays. MPT.
* "VR.5" (8 p.m.-9 p.m., WBFF, Channel 45) -- Markie Post ("Hearts Afire") guest stars as a woman who leads Sydney (Lori Singer) to believe her father and sister (David McCallum and Tracey Needham) may still be alive. Fox.
* "Pollyanna" (8 p.m.-11 p.m., WNUV, Channel 54) -- Hayley Mills became the hottest adolescent film star going on the strength of this 1960 Disney film, based on a classic children's story that defines the word "optimism." The film is also a time-capsule example of the Disney style of that era, with Jane Wyman, Agnes Moorehead, Karl Malden and Adolphe Menjou.
* "Boy Meets World" (8:30 p.m.- 9 p.m., WMAR, Channel 2) -- Singer Robert Goulet, actress Yasmine Bleeth ("Baywatch") and world champion wrestler Vader all appear as themselves as this series returns from Hiatusville. In this episode, Cory (Ben Savage) is drafted onto the wrestling team. ABC.
* "The X-Files" (9 p.m.-10 p.m., WBFF, Channel 45) -- On his usual show, Tony Shaloub is the luckless cab driver of "Wings." But in a turn against type, he plays a shadowy character: a scientist who's the victim of a chemical plant accident. Fox.
* "Homicide" (10 p.m.-11 p.m., WBAL, Channel 11) -- Executive producer Barry Levinson directs the season finale, which features guest stars Bruno Kirby and Richard Edson who also appeared in his film "Good Morning, Vietnam." They stalk Pembleton (Andre Braugher) and his family including Mr. Braugher's real-life wife, Ami Brabson. NBC.
* "Jimmy Hollywood" (8 p.m.-10 p.m., Cinemax) -- In this 1994 Barry Levinson release that went nowhere at the box-office, Joe Pesci plays a struggling actor who tries to parlay his vigilante capture of a car thief into a Hollywood success story. Christian Slater and Victoria Abril also star.