Crownsville boy, 7, dies after choking on hot dog

April 25, 1995

A Crownsville boy died at Johns Hopkins Children's Center Sunday after choking on a hot dog Saturday afternoon, county police and hospital officials said.

Matthew Jason Temple, 7, of the 900 block of Indian Creek Lane went into full cardiac arrest for 30 minutes and was not breathing on his own when he was transferred from the Anne Arundel Medical Center to Hopkins.

The boy was with his parents at the spring festival on the county fair grounds about 3:10 p.m. when he began choking on a small piece of hot dog, police said.

His father, James J. Temple Jr., and fire department personnel were unable to dislodge the food, police said. Staff members at Anne Arundel Medical Center were able to dislodge it and get the boy's heart beating again before he was transferred to Hopkins.

Military group to hold 'Massing of the Colors'

The General George G. Meade Chapter of the Military Order of World Wars will sponsor its ninth annual Massing of the Colors ceremony at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Meade Senior High School.

The event will focus attention on the positive aspects of the nation and honor our country's founding fathers.

Seventy-five color guard units are expected to attend, including groups from all the branches of the armed forces and veterans, religious and youth groups.

The ceremony will be free free and open to the public. For more information, call 674-2158.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.