Pinch-hitter Doug Bast beat out an infield grounder with two outs and Brian Bogle, who had reached on a leadoff double, scored the winning run as host and No. 8 Old Mill edged No. 12 Glen Burnie (2-3), 4-3, yesterday in baseball. Mike Ziegler pitched a complete game and struck out four. Bogle finished with two doubles.
* Calvert Hall 12, Curley 4: Kevin Olkowski went 3-for-5 with five RBIs as No. 1 Calvert Hall defeated host Curley. The Cardinals had nine extra-base hits to back Andy Bair, who struck out 11 batters in 5 1/3 innings.
* McDonogh 13, Spalding 3: Dennis Badham, Guy Robertson, Ryan Morstein, Mike Stellar and Scott Breault each drove in two runs as No. 2 McDonogh (8-1) defeated visiting Spalding. Stellar pitched a three-hitter.
* North County 10, Meade 0: Mike Wooden struck out 10 in five innings and had two doubles to lead the host and No. 3 Knights (5-0).
* Arundel 21, Northeast 3: Steve Sylvester went 4-for-4 with three RBIs and Brian Burden drove in three runs, leading No. 4 Arundel (3-2) past visiting Northeast.
* Perry Hall 14, Kenwood 2: Chris Sirolli went five innings and struck out three as No. 5 Perry Hall (6-0) defeated host Kenwood (0-6).
* Franklin 9, Lansdowne 5: Visiting Franklin (4-1) scored six runs in the sixth to break a tie, then held off the Vikings (2-3). Chris Demetrakis pitched four innings, striking out four for the No. 9 Indians.
Severna Park 22, Southern-AA 4: Peter Buck, Marc Tippen and Jake Wardell each had two RBIs and Scott Vane had three hits as No. 10 Severna Park won on the road. Buck pitched a complete game.
* Gilman 6, Loyola 3: Russell Wrenn's single scored Yanni Rosenberg to cap a four-run third inning as host and No. 15 Gilman (6-1) defeated Loyola.
* Southern-B 9, Mervo 3: Ken Tolodziecki (3-0) pitched a complete game, striking out seven, as Southern-B (6-1) defeated host Mervo (4-2). James Benton went 3-for-4 with a triple and two RBIs.
* Patterson 11, Edmondson 0: Mike Burrows pitched a five-inning no-hitter, striking out eight and walking one, to lead Patterson (5-2) in a game stopped because of the 10-run rule. Burrows, who faced the minimum 15 batters, also went 3-for-5 with four RBIs.
* Centennial 11, Howard 7: Curtis Mitchell went 3-for-3 with a double and an RBI to lead the visiting Eagles (4-4). Winner Bill Howley (3-1) pitched five innings.
* Chesapeake-AA 15, South River 0: Missy Silvers and Michelle Henderson combined on a five-inning no-hitter for the host and No. 3 Cougars (4-1). Silvers went four innings, striking out four.
* Centennial 6, Howard 0: Kim May pitched a one-hitter as No. 6 Centennial (7-0) beat host Howard (2-5).
* Arundel 7, Northeast 6: Ruth Wilson had a two-run triple in a six-run fourth inning as No. 7 Arundel (4-1) defeated visiting Northeast (2-3). Shannon Noon went 3-for-3 with two RBIs for the Wildcats.
* North County 14, Meade 0: Amy Ray doubled and tripled and Renee Rhinehart tossed a two-hitter to lead the host and No. 12 Knights.
* Mount Hebron 17, Hammond 0: Lauren Abicht pitched a five-inning, two-hit shutout, as No. 13 Mount Hebron (3-5) beat visiting Hammond. Abicht and catcher Kathy Kiersarsky each had grand slams.
* Owings Mills 16, Lansdowne 5: Alison Kleiner struck out 11 for No. 14 Owings Mills.
* Fallston 15, Bel Air 12: Mindy Karczeski tripled and homered to lead visiting Fallston.