The distribution of federal surplus food is scheduled for 9 a.m. to noon March 28 and March 29 at sites throughout the county.
Qualified households will receive free green beans, butter, macaroni, peanut butter, canned pears or pineapple, pork, rice, sweet potatoes and white potatoes.
Bags in which to carry food home should be brought to the site. One allotment of food is allowed per household.
Households will receive free food if they are eligible for food, public or medical assistance from the Department of Social Services or the Maryland Energy Assistance Program. A family may also be eligible for free food if its income does not exceed federal guidelines.
Proof of eligibility and address must be shown the day of distribution.
Food will be available at:
* Bel Air -- March 28, United Methodist Church, 21 Linwood Ave.
* Havre de Grace -- March 28, United Methodist Church, 101 N. Union Ave.
* Aberdeen -- March 28, Grove Presbyterian Church, 50 E. Bel Air Ave.
* Aberdeen Proving Ground -- March 28, Army Community Services.
* Joppa -- March 28, Holy Spirit Catholic Church, Joppa Farm Road, Joppatowne.
* Jarrettsville -- March 29, William Watters Church, 1452 Jarrettsville Road.
0 Information: Joy Rich, 836-4980 or 836-4770.