The Carroll County Department of Management and Budget is sponsoring five meetings from March 30 to April 20 for residents who want to learn more about the county's revenues and budget.
At each meeting, Budget Director Steven D. Powell is to explain the county's financial picture, give the outlook for the next five years and answer questions.
The County Commissioners proposed increasing the piggyback income tax from 50 percent to 60 percent of the state income tax, and raising various fees to generate money that the county needs to build schools and meet other obligations in the next five years.
All of the meetings are to start at 7 p.m.
* Thursday, March 30, at Carroll Community College, sponsored by the League of Women Voters.
* Monday, April 3, at North Carroll Senior Center.
* Monday, April 10, at Eldersburg branch library.
* Monday, April 17, at Mount Airy branch library.
* Thursday, April 20, at Taneytown branch library.
The commissioners will have a public hearing on the proposed fiscal 1996 budget at 7:30 p.m. May 11 at Westminster High School.
They are scheduled to adopt the budget May 30.