Tyree Brown scored 24 points as Northern defeated host and fourth-seeded Poly, 84-82, in a state Class 3A East Region first-round game yesterday.
The Vikings (11-12), seeded fifth, will visit No. 8 and top-seeded Broadneck, tomorrow at 7 p.m. in a regional semifinal game.
William Jernigan scored 17 points for Northern, and Anthony Lee added 14 points and 13 rebounds.
Owen States led Poly (14-9) with 24 points and John McLean added 21.
* Towson 64, Loch Raven 43: Paul Swanson and Tim Lomak each scored 21 points to lead sixth-seeded Towson over third-seeded and host Loch Raven (15-8) in a Class 2A North Region first-round game.
Towson, which had lost to Loch Raven twice during the regular season, won a coin flip between Catonsville and Pikesville to gain the playoff berth.
Andrew Kyle led Loch Raven with 15 points and Chris Palazzi added 13. Towson will play at second-seeded Edgewood tomorrow at 7 p.m.
* Franklin 45, Eastern Tech 38: Magnus St. Ange scored 15 points and grabbed 11 rebounds as host and No. 4 seed Franklin (13-8) defeated fifth-seeded Eastern Tech (8-13) in a state Class 3A North Region first-round game.
Nick Hienz added 11 points and 10 rebounds for the Indians, who will play at top-seeded and No. 7 Randallstown, tomorrow night at 7 in a North Region semifinal game.
Sammy Plater and Keith Allen each scored 14 points to lead Eastern Tech.
* C. Milton Wright 52, Bel Air 46: No. 17 C. Milton Wright got 19 points from Chris Rueckert in its victory over visiting Bel Air in a Class 3A North Region first-round game.
The third-seeded Mustangs (18-5), who will play at second-seeded Dundalk tomorrow at 7 p.m. in a regional semifinal, also got 11 points from Chris Troilo.
Nick Triandafilou led Bel Air (11-12) with 17 points.
* Sparrows Point 91, Harford Tech 81, 2 OT: Pete Marshall scored 28 points and grabbed 10 rebounds as third-seeded and host Sparrows Point (14-9) defeated sixth-seeded Harford Tech in a Class 1A North Region first-round game.
Griffin Dingle added 25 points and 28 rebounds for the Pointers. Lechea Johns led Harford Tech with 28 points and Pete Surette added 22.
Sparrows Point will play at second-seeded North East on Wednesday at 7 p.m. in a region semifinal game.
* Havre de Grace 76, Owings Mills 60: Havre de Grace (12-11) wore down visiting Owings Mills (11-12) with a 22-point fourth quarter to win a Class 1A North Region first-round game.
Charles Hall scored the first eight fourth-quarter points for Havre de Grace and led 10 Warriors scorers with 15 points. For Owings Mills, which held several leads through the first three quarters, David Mize had 21 points.
It was the Warriors' first regional win since their regional championship year of 1988. The Warriors advance to the region semifinal against host Milford Mill tomorrow at 7 p.m.
* Aberdeen 67, Fallston 65: Tommie Mims scored 20 points to lead fourth-seeded Aberdeen (13-9) over fifth-seeded and visiting Fallston in a Class 2A North Region first-round game.
Aberdeen will play at top-seeded Overlea tomorrow at 7 p.m.
Kernan Kelly led Fallston with 29 points.
* South River 76, Southern-AA 58: Russell Tongue had 26 points and 22 rebounds, and Corey Davis added 21 points, eight rebounds and five steals as the Seahawks won in a Class 2A East Region first-round game.