Karen Johnson scored 23 points, leading Delaware State to a 71-68 victory over Morgan State in a Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference women's game yesterday in Dover, Del.
Johnson pulled down a game-high 14 rebounds to pace Delaware State (9-14, 6-7) to a 49-35 rebounding edge over the Bears (4-17, 4-9). Tandeka McCann added 11 points for Delaware State.
Tressan Dugan had a game-high 24 points for Morgan State.
* Towson State 74, Charleston Southern 59: Tanya Belair scored 15 points, leading Towson State (11-10, 10-2) past Charleston Southern (6-14, 4-8) in a Big South Conference game.
* Goucher 76, Mary Washington 72, OT: Cassandra Clemons (Loch Raven) scored five of her 16 points in overtime, leading visiting Goucher (15-7, 10-2) over Mary Washington (10-12, 4-8) in a Capital Athletic Conference game.
Clemons finished with a game-high 21 rebounds. Sarah Weaver (Towson) led Goucher with 20 points and had nine rebounds.
* Coastal Carolina 55, UMBC 53: Jackie Busch, Tameka Tender, Kjerstin Havnes and Tina Boester each scored 10 points as Coastal Carolina (11-9, 5-7) edged visiting UMBC (11-9, 7-4) in a Big South Conference game.
* Florida A&M 85, Coppin State 66: Angela McPhaul scored 25 points to lead host Florida A&M (18-5, 11-2) over Coppin State (10-12, 7-5) in a Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference game.
Rene Doctor led the Eagles with 20 points and 12 rebounds, and Delora Walker added 15 points.
* Virginia State 76, Bowie State 67: Doris Moncrief scored 26 points and had 11 rebounds leading Virginia State (10-11, 7-4) past Bowie State (17-7) in a Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association Northern Division game.
* Montgomery-Rockville 82, Anne Arundel 76: Lacey Hartley scored 36 points as Montgomery-Rockville Community College (20-1, 14-1) defeated host Anne Arundel College (15-8, 10-5).