Greg Roehrig scored 24 points and had 10 rebounds, leading host Johns Hopkins to a 55-50 victory over Muhlenberg in a Centennial Conference game last night.
Johns Hopkins (3-12, 3-2) held Muhlenberg to 6-for-26 shooting in the second half. In the final minutes, Muhlenberg (9-7, 3-3) managed only two points.
L Matt Gorman had 10 points and 11 rebounds for Johns Hopkins.
Ernie Koschineg led Muhlenberg with 16 points, and teammate Mike Gramer had 13.
* South Carolina State 73, UMES 54: Miguel Burns and Aric Samuel each scored 16 points as South Carolina State handed Maryland-Eastern Shore its fifth straight Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference loss.
South Carolina State (7-9, 4-2) led 36-35 at the half and held UMES to 19 points in the second half to break open the game. UMES (6-11, 2-5) shot 25 percent in the second half.
Terrell Harris led UMES with 14 points and had seven rebounds.
* Goucher 89, Mary Washington 70: David Clark (Catonsville) scored a game-high 27 points to lead Goucher College (9-6, 3-2) past Mary Washington (3-9, 2-3) in a Capital Athletic Conference game.
* Salisbury State 105, Gallaudet 99: Kyle Jefferson (Hammond) scored 28 points, leading visiting Salisbury State past Gallaudet in a Capital Athletic Conference contest.
Chuck Harvey added 23 points and John DeRichie 21 for Salisbury State (8-8, 4-4), which led 54-50 at halftime and withstood a second-half Bison rally.
Gallaudet (8-7, 4-2) was led by Mike Kent with 27 points. John Perry scored 22 and Jeff Ploederl finished with 20.
* Haverford 88, Western Maryland 72: Chris Guiton scored 20 points to pace five Haverford players in double figures in a Centennial Conference win over Western Maryland in Haverford, Daveiid St. Rose (Patapsco) topped Western Maryland (6-10, 2-4) with 18 points. Kris Shuck contributed 15, and Steve Dziengeleski had 12 and a game-high 10 rebounds.
Haverford improved to 6-11, 2-5.
* Washington 74, Gettysburg 61: Ben Harris scored 16 points and Derek Cuff added 15, leading Washington College (10-6, 5-1) past visiting Gettysburg (9-7, 3-3) in a Centennial Conference game.
Trailing 31-29 at halftime, Washington College outscored Gettysburg, 45-30. Adam Poe added 12 points and five rebounds. Phil Tonkins (Mount Hebron) led Gettysburg with 15 points.
* Frostburg State 83, Bethany 68: Kelvin Clayton scored 26 points to lead host Frostburg State (11-5) past Bethany (3-12). Damon Stevenson added 20 points and four assists for Frostburg. Joe Childress led Bethany with 18 points.
* Anne Arundel CC 69, Montgomery-Rockville 63: Steve Kraning (Loyola) scored 18 to lead Anne Arundel Community College (5-11) over visiting Montgomery-Rockville. The Pioneers made 11 three-pointers, including four from Tony Curro.