* D. R. Brasher, Columbia-based architects and planners, has appointed Alyce H. Kirk vice president of marketing and public relations. She is a published author on the subject of marketing architectural services and was formerly the director of marketing for Marks, Thomas & Associates.
* The Collateral Group, a Woodlawn design and printing firm, has chosen John Kehoe senior account executive.
Advertising and PR
* Hanlon & Partners announced that Kaycee MacDougall has joined the Baltimore agency as a copywriter.
Legal and insurance
* Venable, Baetjer & Howard, one of the nation's oldest and largest legal firms, announced that associates Michael J. Baader, Newton B. Fowler III, Thomas M. Lingan, Mitchell Y. Mirviss, Davis V. R. Sherman and Terri L. Turner, have been elected partners.
* Piper & Marbury has admitted Paul S. Novak of its Baltimore office and Nora E. Garrote and James P. Rathvon of its Washington office as partners of the Baltimore-based law firm.
* Weinberg & Green has appointed Ronald M. Cherry, tort practice group, and Gary B. Eidelman, labor and employment law practice group, associates of the firm.
* Maryland Bank & Trust named Lawrence H. Wright senior vice president. He will direct the operations section of the six-office bank, which is based in Waldorf.
* Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond appointed Dave Beck operations officer for the Baltimore branch office.
* McCrone Inc., Waldorf-based engineers, announced that Timothy H. Davis, a registered landscape architect, has joined the firm as a project manager.
* Parsons Brinckerhoff, international engineering, planning and construction management firm with headquarters in Baltimore, selected Paul Wiedefeld area manager for the Baltimore office.
Commercial real estate
* MacKenzie/O'Conor, Piper & Flynn has named Karen S. Deeley as an associate broker. The former First National Bank of Maryland commercial real division vice president and consultant will handle brokerage sales and leasing transactions.