Sophomore Trinette Tucker scored a game-high 20 points and grabbed seven rebounds to lead host Towson State to an 83-51 victory over Charleston Southern (2-9, 1-4) in a Big South Conference women's game yesterday.
The Tigers (4-8, 3-0) never trailed, using an 8-0 run to take an 18-6 lead with 12:48 left in the first half. Towson State went on a 14-0 run midway through the second half to extend its lead to 69-37 with 7:16 remaining.
Tanya Belair added 16 points and a game-high 10 rebounds for the Tigers, who won their third straight.
* UMBC 58, Coastal Carolina 51: Senior center Eunice French had game highs of 16 points and 10 rebounds as host UMBC (6-5, 2-0) won its fourth straight by defeating visiting Coastal Carolina (5-9, 2-4) in a Big South Conference game.
The Retrievers jumped to an early 20-8 lead and led 32-18 at halftime. Coastal Carolina closed to 40-33 before UMBC went on a 10-2 run to extend its lead to 50-35 with 9:41 remaining.
Tori Moten added 14 points for UMBC and Kendra Damann scored 12. Jackie Busch led Coastal with 10 points and eight rebounds.
* Holy Cross 84, Navy 62: Laurne Maney scored 18 points and Kathy Courtney added 14, leading host Holy Cross (7-5, 3-0) past Navy (5-9, 1-2) in a Patriot League game.
Navy trailed 40-18 at halftime after shooting only 5-for-27. Adi Schneck led Navy with 21 points.
* Mount St. Mary's 88, Long Island 52: Susie Rowlyk led five Mountaineers in double figures with 19 points as Mount St. Mary's (8-5, 5-1) defeated visiting Long Island (3-10, 2-3) in a Northeast Conference game.
Mount St. Mary's took a 43-23 halftime lead as Melissa Cuneo (Seton Keough) scored 11 of her 13 points, including 3-for-3 from three-point range.
Heather Wable scored 11 points and grabbed a game-high 10 rebounds. Nikki Schroyer contributed 11 points. Jennifer Xiques led Long Island with 15 points.
* Coppin State 71, Delaware State 68: Renee Doctor had 28 points and 21 rebounds as host Coppin State (6-8, 3-1) rallied from a 22-point first-half deficit to edge Delaware State (3-7, 1-3) in a Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference game.
* Dickinson 77, Washington College 52: Belinda Stout scored 15 points to help Dickinson College (7-4, 3-1) past visiting Washington College (5-6, 1-2) in a Centennial Conference game.
Washington College's Eboni Taylor scored a game-high 17 points.
* Morgan State 72, UMES 66: Kaira Warfield scored 20 points to pace host Morgan State (1-9, 1-2) past UMES (2-9, 1-4) in a Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference game. Morgan extended its three-point halftime advantage, shooting 46.3 percent in the second half. Tunya Brown led UMES with 21 points.
* Bowie State 79, Johnson C. Smith 64: Brandey Lemons and Kimberly McCall scored 16 points as Bowie State (9-4) defeated visiting Johnson C. Smith (4-11).
* Western Maryland 77, Bryn Mawr 38: Erin Murphey (Francis Scott Key) had a season-high 18 points and a career-high 11 rebounds as Western Maryland (8-2, 4-0) routed host Bryn Mawr (0-9, 0-5) in a Centennial Conference game.
Murphey, a 5-foot-1 sophomore guard, also had five assists and five steals. Katie Haley added 11 points and Sandi DeJager 10 for Western Maryland, which out-rebounded Bryn Mawr, 62-32.
* Potomac State 69, Anne Arundel CC 62: Sherri McDaniel scored 20 to pace visiting Potomac State (W. Va.) past Anne Arundel Community College (9-4).
Potomac State (10-1) trailed 32-29 at the half, but McDaniel scored 14 of her 20 points in the second half.
* College of Notre Dame 91, Immaculata 52: Emily Yanero (Mount Hebron) led host College of Notre Dame with 19 points in its victory over Immaculata. Jen Chaney added 16 points and 19 rebounds for Notre Dame (5-5). Mary Gallagher led Immaculata (6-5) with 11 points.
* Salisbury State 83, Mary Washington 57: Kim Roth scored 18 points, eclipsing 1,000 career points, as host Salisbury State (7-4, 4-1) defeated Mary Washington (5-3, 0-1) in a Capital Athletic Conference game. Corrine May led Mary Washington with 17 points.
* Wesley 60, Frostburg State 51: Santae Boyd scored 19 points, leading visiting Wesley (3-6) past Frostburg State (7-4).
el,3 Kara Reed (14 points) and Shelly Ridgeway (11) led Frostburg State, which shot just 3-for-33 in the first half.
* Allegheny-Pittsburgh 63, Essex CC 55: Ebony Keshawy scored 23 points and Kathy Carey had 21 points to lead visiting Allegheny-Pittsburgh (9-5) past Essex Community College (3-6).
* Baltimore City CC 51, Philadelphia CC 46: Tessa Nelson scored points in Baltimore City Community College's defeat of host Philadelphia Community College (8-3). Baltimore City is 5-4.