The best thing about Friday the 13th, in terms of TV? Being able to mark the occasion with a first-run episode of "The X-Files." The worst thing? As always, a jag of Jason movies. At least, by next week at this time, we should finally be able to see some other hockey masks on TV.
* "The X-Files" (9-10 p.m., Channel 45) -- Bruce Weitz, Belker on "Hill Street Blues," portrays Agent Bocks, in a story about a serial killer whose deviant behavior isn't limited to murder. Fox.
* "Homicide: Life on the Street" (10-11 p.m., Channel 11) -- More murder and mayhem, this time involving a dead biker and a disappearing corpse. NBC.
* "Picket Fences" (10-11 p.m., Channel 13) -- Last week's "Picket Fences" presented two great bonuses: an unbilled cameo appearance by Michelle Pfeiffer, and hilarious discussion of a massage therapist's secret technique known as "the squiggly" -- TV's best sexual euphemism since the Venus Butterfly on "L.A. Law." Michael Jeter returns as the Frogman. CBS.
* "Body Snatchers" (8-9:30 p.m., MAX) -- The special effects are very, very good in this 1993 remake, but part of the pervasive paranoia is underplayed. Even so, there's a scene in which Gabrielle Anwar, as the teen who suspects her family and friends of being possessed by aliens, is threatened with possession herself -- and it's a very strong, suspenseful scene.
* "Six Degrees of Separation" (8-9:55 p.m., SHO) -- Stockard Channing stars in, and steals, this 1993 movie version of John Guare's clever play about a con man (Will Smith) who charms his way into the home, and lives, of a wealthy couple. Donald Sutherland co-stars.
* "Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan" (9-11 p.m., USA) -- New York, New York, it's a wonderful town; Jason is up, and the bodies are down.
* "Dennis Miller Live" (10-10:30 p.m., HBO) -- Fran Lebowitz is the scheduled guest.
* "Friday the 13th Part VII -- The New Blood" (11:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m., USA) -- Just in time, because the old blood was rather anemic.
* "Friday the 13th -- A New Beginning" (1:30-3:30 a.m., USA) -- Who names these sequels?