Baltimore Choral Arts Society, (410) 52-7070. 7 p.m. Dec. 11: Christmas concert including works by Britten, Holst and Robert Twynham. At Cathedral of Mary Our Queen, 5200 N. Charles St.
College of Notre Dame of Maryland, 4701 N. Charles St. (410) 256-8044, (410) 668-6614. 7 p.m. Dec. 11: "Irish Christmas," featuring Andy Cooney, Marie McVicker, Jimmy Kennedy, Buddy Connolly, Kimmy Kelly.
Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, 1212 Cathedral St. (410) 783-8000. 8 p.m. Dec. 16-Dec. 17, 3 p.m. Dec. 18: Holiday Pops Concert sponsored by the Junior League of Baltimore, with the Baltimore Symphony Chorus, Friends School Choir and tenor David Smith.
Cathedral of Mary Our Queen, 5200 N. Charles St. (410) 433-8803. 5:30 p.m. Dec. 11: Baltimore Choral Arts Society, Tom Hall director, Paul Binko organist, perform Ceremony of Carols by Benjamin Britten, two works by Robert Twynham and traditional carols and music for Advent and Christmas. 5:30 p.m. Dec. 18: Festival of Lessons and Carols by the Cathedral Choir of Men, Women and Boys.
Catonsville Community College, 800 S. Rolling Road. (410) 455-4508. 3 p.m. Dec. 17: Catonsville Community College Chorus performs a concert of Christmas music.
Central Presbyterian Church, 7308 York Road, Towson. (410) 823-6145. 7 p.m. Dec. 18: Celebration of Christmas -- Vivaldi's "Gloria" and traditional carols sung by all. Central Presbyterian Church Concert Choir, Descant and Children's Chorus, Chamber Orchestra and organist Beth Melcher. Free-will offering. Child care provided.
Charlestown Chapel, 711 Maiden Choice Lane. (410) 247-3400. 3 p.m. Dec. 11: Maryland Camerata performs works by Homilius, Victoria, Sweelinch, Distler, Debussy, Halsey Stevens, Lauridsen, Susa, Holmes, Gordon, Warlock and Gardner, and traditional Christmas carols.
* Dec. 13, 8 p.m.: University of Maryland Baltimore County Concert Choir in a program of holiday music with songs in Korean, Spanish, German, Latin and English.
* Dec. 20, 7 p.m.: St. Charles Chorale performs Gregorian Chant. Virginia Reinecke conducts, with pianist Alison Matuskey and organist Donald King.
* Dec. 25, 2 p.m.: The Washington Brass will entertain with music from three centuries, holiday favorites and a carol sing-along.
Choral Arts Society, (410) 523-7070. 1 p.m. Dec. 10: Christmas for Kids concert at Goucher College, Towson.
* 7 p.m. Dec. 10: Cathedral of Mary Our Queen -- Christmas Concert of works by Britten, Holst and Rutter.
* 8:30 p.m. Dec. 16-Dec. 17 and 19; 1 p.m. Dec. 18: Handel's "Messiah" at Kennedy Center, Washington.
Church of the Redeemer, 5603 N. Charles St. (410) 435-7333. 5 p.m. Dec. 18: Candlelight Service of Lessons and Carols with organ, harp and percussion.
* 10:30 a.m. Jan. 1: Benjamin Britten's Ceremony of Carols. Carols for women's voices and harp.
College of Notre Dame of Maryland, 4701 N. Charles St. (410) 532-5386. 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 11: Concert Choir of the College of Notre Dame.
Columbia Concert Band, (410) 461-6678. 7:15 p.m. Dec. 18: The band will give a winter concert at Atholton High School Auditorium, 6520 Freetown Road, Columbia. Admission free but contributions accepted.
Epiphany Church, 2216 Pot Spring Road, Timonium. (410) 252-4465. 4 p.m. Dec. 11: Service of reading and carols.
Essex Community College, 7201 Rossville Blvd., Beltway Exit 34, near Golden Ring Mall. (410) 780-6521.
* 7 p.m. Dec. 17: Greater Baltimore Youth Orchestras (Philharmonic and Sinfonia).
* 7 p.m. Dec. 19: Community Chorus and Community Singers with a concert of Christmas music and madrigals dating to the 16th century.
Gettysburg Symphony Orchestra, (410) 383-8597. 3 p.m. Dec. 11: Concert of works by Mozart, Milhaud, Humperdinck and Sibelius. At Loch Raven Senior High School, 1212 Cowpens Ave., near Beltway Exit 29 and Cromwell Bridge Road.
Govans Presbyterian Church, 5828 York Road. (410) 243-3131. 8 p.m. Dec. 10: "Snowflakes and Glitter," holiday music performed by Quintessential and Not What You Think from the Lesbian and Gay Chorus of D.C., 8 p.m.
Grace United Methodist Church, 5407 N. Charles St. (410) 433-6650. 4 p.m. Dec. 18: Christmas concert by Chancel Choir and soloists.
Handel Choir of Baltimore, (410) 366-6544. "The Messiah." 7 p.m. Dec. 11, at St. Joseph's Church, 8420 Belair Road, Fullerton; 3 p.m. Dec. 18 at Second Presbyterian Church, 4200 St. Paul St. Admission: $15 regular, $12 for senior citizens and full-time students.
Harborplace Amphitheatre, Inner Harbor. (800) HARBOR-1. Free holiday concerts.
* 5 p.m. Dec. 10: "Sing Out Baltimore."
* 6 p.m. Dec. 18: Handel Choir.
Holy Rosary Church, 408 S. Chester St. 4 p.m. Dec. 18: Christmas Carols Around the World -- soprano Alina Kozinsky, baritone Joseph Surowiec accompanied by harpist and flutist and storyteller. (410) 597-9351.
Howard Community College, Smith Theatre, Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia. (410) 997-8600. Dec. 15-17: "A Valley Brook Christmas."