No injuries in Woodbine house fire

November 21, 1994

A Woodbine family escaped injury when their house in the 7300 block of Woodbine Road caught fire early Friday morning, Winfield Fire Chief Tim Warner said.

Engines from Winfield, Mount Airy and Lisbon of Howard County responded with about 40 firefighters to the 2:19 a.m. blaze, Chief Warner said. The fire started at the rear of the two-story house around a wood stove and chimney and extended into an upstairs bedroom. The rest of the building suffered smoke damage.

One of the residents woke to the smell of smoke and alerted other sleeping family members, the chief said. The house had no smoke detector. No one was injured and units were out for 2 1/2 hours.

POLICE

* Mount Airy: A resident of the 200 block of Watersville Road in Mount Airy reported to state police someone broke into his auto while it was parked in the 200 block of E. Ridgeville Blvd. on Thursday and stole a stereo system. The intruder apparently used a tool to unlock the door and caused damage to the -- while removing the radio. The loss and damage is estimated at $450.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.