Doug Willey scored two goals as host Loyola (15-4-2) topped Manhattan (5-13-1), 4-0, yesterday in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference men's soccer championship game. The Greyhounds won the title for the sixth straight year.
Willey was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player. Greyhounds goalkeeper Zach Thornton made four saves to record his 14th shutout this season.
* Maryland 2, North Carolina 1: Senior forward Malcolm Gillian (Oakland Mills) and junior midfielder Doug Smith scored first-half goals to lead host Maryland (13-4-1, 3-3 in the Atlantic Coast Conference) to an upset of No. 19 North Carolina (13-5, 3-3).
It was the Terps' fourth consecutive win over a ranked team.
The Terps outshot the Tar Heels, 12-6.
* Robert Morris 2, Mount St. Mary's 0: Brian Davis and Marco Petitucci each scored in the first overtime as Robert Morris defeated Mount St. Mary's in the Northeast Conference championship.
* Loyola 2, Canisius 1: Denise Serafin scored the game-winning goal with 3:36 remaining to help Loyola beat visiting Canisius in the MAAC championship game. Serafin received a pass from Stephanie Roberts to the right of the goal and put the ball past Griffins goaltender Jennifer Silata.
The Greyhounds, playing in their third consecutive conference title game, won the championship for the first time.
* Mount St. Mary's 5, Wagner 0: Five different players scored for the Mountaineers as they routed Wagner in the title game of the Robert Morris Invitational.
* Trenton State 7, Salisbury State 0: Freshman Laura Stryjewski had two goals and an assist to help lead Trenton State (18-0) to a victory over host Salisbury State (12-7) in the quarterfinals of the NCAA Division III tournament.