Sophomores Dan Gaertner and Brian Haygood scored and host Mount St. Mary's (7-3-1, 3-1-1) extended its unbeaten streak to four games with a 2-0 victory over Northeast Conference rival St. Francis, N.Y. (4-8, 2-3) in men's soccer yesterday.
* Radford 2, UMBC 0: Junior forwards Che Henderson and Ian Spooner scored first- and second-half goals, respectively, as visiting Radford defeated UMBC in a Big South Conference match. The Retrievers are winless in their past four games, the worst streak of Coach Pete Caringi's four-year UMBC career.
Radford improved to 7-4-1, and 2-1 in the Big South. The loss dropped UMBC to 5-6-1 and 1-3-1.
* Loyola 1, VCU 0: Bill Wnek scored with 27:59 remaining in the game to lift visiting Loyola (9-2-2) over Virginia Commonwealth. Dave Biles was credited with an assist on the play. Zach Thornton (John Carroll) made two saves and registered his eighth shutout of the season and the 25th of his career.
* Washington 1, Catholic 0: Rodney Roman scored the game-winner with 33:38 left in the second half as host Washington College (7-4-1) notched its fifth consecutive win and fourth consecutive shutout.
* Salisbury State 1, York 1, 2OT: York (4-6-3) and host Salisbury State (6-2-3) played to a double overtime tie. Matt Tirschman (Overlea) scored for Salisbury State.
* Hagerstown JC 6, Dundalk CC 2: Mark Callahan and Aaron Adair scored two goals each to lift host Hagerstown Community College.
* Catonsville CC 3, Anne Arundel CC 2: Rick Sanchez scored the game-winner with three minutes remaining for Catonsville (7-1-1) in Maryland JuCo League action.
* Western Maryland 3, Frostburg State 1: Erin Kelly scored two goals and had an assist, leading visiting Western Maryland (3-7) past Frostburg State.