Mike Hammel (Archbishop Curley) scored two goals as Villa Julie (1-5-1) won its first game of the season, defeating host Washington Bible, 6-4, in men's soccer yesterday.
* UNC-Asheville 3, Towson State 1: Sean Chambers had a goal and an assist to lead UNC-Asheville (3-5) to a comeback victory over visiting Towson State (5-5).
* Winthrop 3, UMBC 2: Ricardo Golzi scored two goals to pace host Winthrop (8-1-1) over UMBC (5-4).
* Mary Washington 3, Goucher 0: Mary Washington (8-1-1, 3-0) defeated Goucher (5-6-1, 2-1) in a Capital Athletic Conference game.
* Frostburg 1, St. Mary's 0: Paul Dowell scored at 50:03 of the second half, lifting Frostburg State (4-5-1).
* Washington College 4, Ursinus 0: Scott Helm scored twice, leading host Washington College (5-4-1).
* Catonsville CC 3, Harford CC 1: George Doe, Emanuel Uche (North County) and Troy Hoskins (North County) scored for Catonsville Community College (6-0-1).
* Mount St. Mary's 0, Robert Morris 0: Mount St. Mary's (5-3-1, 2-1-1) and Robert Morris (7-2-1, 3-0-1) tied in a Northeast Conference game.
* Maryland 6, Wake Forest 0: Carol Finch and Audra Weber scored two goals apiece to lead Maryland (4-4-2) over host Wake Forest (3-6).
* Goucher 8, Villa Julie 0: April Simonsen (Patapsco), Kate Conserva and Beth Shew each had a goal and assist, leading Goucher College (9-1).
* College of Notre Dame 4, Haverford 0: Corina Riismandel scored two goals, leading Notre Dame (7-3).
* Johns Hopkins 2, Franklin & Marshall 0: Kerrie Cathcart scored both goals in Johns Hopkins' (3-1-1) victory over visiting Franklin & Marshall (5-7).
* Mount St. Mary's 10, Robert Morris 0: Becky Mann scored twice as Mount St. Mary's (4-3) defeated visiting Robert Morris (0-7).
* North Carolina 2, Maryland 1: Sharon Moore scored with 1:43 left in double overtime to lift the top-ranked and host Tar Heels (9-0) over No. 11 Maryland (6-4-1).
* Washington College 2, Bryn Mawr 1: Kouri Coleman scored the winning goal with 1:26 left in the game, lifting host Washington College (5-2-1) past Bryn Mawr (3-6-1).