Richard C. WebsterPlastic, cosmetic surgeonDr. Richard C...

October 02, 1994

Richard C. Webster

Plastic, cosmetic surgeon

Dr. Richard C. Webster, a renowned Baltimore County-born plastic and cosmetic surgeon, died Sept. 18 of Hodgkin's disease at Beth Israel Hospital in Boston. The former Baltimorean was 76.

Dr. Webster founded and operated the Webster Clinic in Brookline, Mass., a training center for plastic surgeons throughout New England until the clinic closed in the late 1960s, and was on the staff of 50 hospitals. He retired in 1987.

He was born and reared in Lutherville. His father, Richard Custis Webster, was a Packard automobile dealer and owner of the Somerset Sea Food Co.

Dr. Webster was a 1939 graduate of City College and attended Harvard College and earned his medical degree in 1943 from Harvard Medical School. He completed his internship at Massachusetts General Hospital and his residency at the Burn and Plastic Service there. He also studied at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary.

During World War II, he was an instructor in the burn and wound healing project at Massachusetts General Hospital and studied with Dr. Varaztad Kazanjian, a pioneering plastic surgeon.

This spring, Dr. Webster was honored for his pioneering efforts in rhinoplasty, plastic surgery of the nose, by the World Congress on Rhinoplasty. He has published more than 80 articles on the subject and has been an editor and consultant to many journals, including the Journal of Dermatologic Surgery and Oncology, the Laryngoscope, and the American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery.

He has received many honors and was a member of the Massachusetts Society of Plastic Surgeons, The American Cleft Palate Association, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and founding president of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.

Survivors include his wife of 50 years, the former Cleo Lambrides; four daughters, Cassandra Smith of Brookline, Kathryne Webster of Rockport, Mass., Martha Webster of Massapequa, N.Y., and Heather Webster of Wrentham, Mass.; a brother, Donald Webster of Chevy Chase; and two grandsons.

Services are private.

David Giggard

Lab technician

David Giggard, a laboratory technician with the Frederick County Health Department, died of hepatitis Friday afternoon while awaiting a liver transplant at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He was 27.

Mr. Giggard, who had been hospitalized since July, also suffered from common variable immune deficiency, a rare disease he contracted as a teen-ager.

"What can you say about your son when something like this happens?" said his father, William Giggard of Westminster. "He was the best guy in the world."

A native of Westminster, Mr. Giggard attended North Carroll High School in Hampstead and later received his General Educational Development (GED) certificate. He also attended Catonsville Community College for lab technician training.

In addition to his father, Mr. Giggard is survived by his wife of nine years, June Giggard of Taneytown; and two sons, David Giggard Jr. and Michael Anthony Giggard.

He also is survived by his mother, Doris Giggard of Taneytown; a brother, William Patrick Giggard of Taneytown; his sister, Dana Lee Giggard of Finksburg; and a half-brother, Kenny Kern of Westminster.

Funeral arrangements, which are being handled by Eline Funeral Home in Hampstead, are incomplete.

Samuel Capecci Sr.

GM foreman

Samuel L. Capecci Sr., who worked for General Motors in Baltimore for 38 years, died Thursday of Alzheimer's disease at the Greenery Extended Care Center in Canton. The Dundalk resident was 79.

Mr. Capecci retired about 20 years ago from the General Motors plant on Broening Highway, where he had been a foreman in the trim department.

A veteran of World War II, he served with the 8th Army in England, France, Belgium and Luxembourg. He was a technical sergeant with Signal Radio Intelligence.

Born and reared in Baltimore, Mr. Capecci attended Our Lady of Pompei Catholic School.

He was a member of the Sons of Italy, Dundalk Lodge No. 2236, and the Atease Senior Center.

He also was a handyman and enjoyed playing cards.

A Mass of Christian burial will be offered at 10 a.m. tomorrow at St. Rita's Roman Catholic Church, 2903 Dunleer Road, where he was a longtime member and had been an usher.

He is survived by his wife of 52 years, the former Marge Buss of Dundalk; a son, Samuel L. Capecci Jr. of Joppatowne; a daughter, Marge McLaughlin of Churchville; and three grandchildren.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer's Association of Central Maryland, Suite 202, 540 E. Belvedere Ave., 21212; or to St. Rita's Church.


John F. Folker

Security officer

John Franklin Folker, a retired security officer for General Electric Corp. in Columbia, died yesterday of cancer at his home in Henderson, Caroline County.

Mr. Folker, 71, retired from General Electric in 1983. He moved to Henderson 13 years ago from Catonsville.

A graduate of Catonsville High School, he enlisted in the Army and served in World War II and the Korean War. He was discharged with the rank of sergeant.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.