2 arrested as police break up melee after Old Mill football game

September 27, 1994

County police arrested two people Friday night after breaking up a melee that involved as many as 50 people after an Old Mill High School football game, officials said.

Cory Brian Samuel, 18, of the 400 block of Jumpers Court and a 14-year-old boy were charged with disorderly conduct, police said.

The fight broke out shortly after 9:30 p.m. as fans left the game between Old Mill and Bowie. Officer Gordon Cobb saw six to 10 boys on the parking lot pushing and shoving one another. He and Officer Brian Malar dispersed the group, which gathered at the other end of the lot and started to fight again, police said. Others joined and the group grew to 40 to 50 people, Officer Cobb said.

Officers Cobb and Malar broke up the second group and made their arrests.

Police arrest 6 at Crownsville party

County police arrested five adults and a 17-year-old boy Friday night after they broke up a party that had attracted 200 to 300 people to a Crownsville house.

Officers went to the house in the 1700 block of Generals Highway shortly before 11:30 p.m. after a woman called them to complain that someone had assaulted her son at the party and that partygoers were parking on her property.

Officers said they heard a band playing and were told that a man was flourishing a .357-caliber Magnum handgun inside the house. Police decided to break up the party and arrest the residents.

Michael S. Forgione, 22, Michael K. Kirby, 22, James Livingston, 20, all of whom reside at the address, were charged with disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace and maintaining a disorderly house. Cynthia A. Cookson, 22, of the 200 block of Old Magothy Bridge Road, Pasadena, and Nathaniel C. Scheck, 21, of the 1100 block of Gator Court, Arnold, were charged with disorderly conduct. The juvenile was charged with disorderly conduct and possession of alcohol, police said.

Man says his cat was killed with BB gun

An Arnold man told Eastern District officers that someone shot and killed his cat with a BB gun, county police said.

Matthew Johns Bevins, 29, of the 200 block of Pauline Court reported the incident shortly before 5:30 p.m. last Tuesday. He first noticed that his cat missing on Sept. 18 and found it shot dead in the woods of Magovista Park near his home last Tuesday, police said.

Mr. Bevins told police that a neighbor has seen some boys in the area with a BB gun.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.