2 teens arrested after chase

August 04, 1994

A police chase into the Brooklyn Park section of Baltimore ended Tuesday morning with the arrest of two teen-agers, one of them a juvenile, after they jumped from a stolen car, police said.

The incident began about 3:45 a.m. when a resident in the 100 block of Doris Ave. called police to say someone was trying to break into her house, police said. A Northern District officer who answered the call saw several youths get into an Acura Legend and a Mazda, then drive off, police said.

About 15 minutes later, two other officers spotted the Mazda on Sixth Avenue, police said. The officers followed until the Mazda stalled after hitting a sidewalk at Brooklyn Avenue and Jeffrey Street in Baltimore, police said.

As an officer got out and approached the Mazda, its driver backed the car into the patrol car and drove off, police said. The officers chased the Mazda until it turned onto railroad tracks in an industrial area near Fairfield Road.

One of the Mazda's front wheels burst as it raced along the tracks, police said. Two people bailed out and ran into a nearby building, where they were arrested. The entire chase lasted 10 minutes, said Officer Randy Bell, police spokesman.

Louis Allan Jones, 18, of the 2300 block of Druid Hill Ave. was charged with auto theft, unauthorized use of an automobile, and giving a false statement to police. He was being held yesterday afternoon at the Anne Arundel County jail in lieu of $3,500 bail.

The 15-year-old juvenile lives on Duke of Windsor Court in the Forest Park section of Baltimore. He was charged as a juvenile with felony theft and released to his parents.

Police said the Mazda had been stolen from Larry Smith, 45, of Beacon Hill Road in Woodlawn.

Armed man robs service station

A man armed with a handgun robbed a Citgo Service Center in Linthicum Tuesday night and fled with an undisclosed amount of money, county police said.

The man walked into the service center in the 500 block of S. Camp Meade Road shortly before 8:30 p.m. and demanded money from the lone attendant. The suspect had a handgun in the waistband of his shorts, the attendant said.

The gunman took the money and ran off.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.