A Brooklyn Park woman ran out of her burning house just before it exploded early today, Anne Arundel County fire officials said.
The 1 a.m. blast in the 5800 block of Redmond St. was heard by police officers several blocks away.
Marjorie Russo, whose age was not available, was not injured; however, her two dogs were killed.
Mrs. Russo told authorities that she had detected an onion-like odor in her home yesterday and that last night she felt nauseous and had a headache. Lt. Robert H. Kornmann, a Fire Department spokesman, said her symptoms could have been caused by a natural gas leak.