Kraft worker is burned when chemicals fall

June 22, 1994

A 39-year-old Essex man suffered second-degree burns when cleaning chemicals fell off a high shelf at the Kraft Food Services Warehouse in Savage on Sunday, Howard fire and rescue officials said.

Bill Burr, a Kraft employee, was taken to the Laurel Regional Hospital, where he was treated for chemical inhalation and burns to his arms and legs and released.

Mr. Burr had been at his job in the 8700 block of Bollman Place about 5:30 p.m. when the chemical containers spilled and fell from the elevated storage rack.

More than 50 emergency personnel from Howard, Anne Arundel and Prince George's counties cleaned the spill, which covered an area of 25 to 30 feet in length.

POLICE LOG

* Savage: 9300 block of Woodsedge Court: About $700 in plywood and lumber was stolen from a construction site between Thursday and Monday, police said.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.