Robert A. McFeeMerchant, oil dealerRobert A. McFee, a...

May 30, 1994

Robert A. McFee

Merchant, oil dealer

Robert A. McFee, a former Homeland resident who owned several oil distributorships and convenience stores in Florida, died Wednesday of cancer at his home in Clearwater, Fla. He was 63.

He was president and chief executive officer of Home Fuel Oil and RAM Oil Co., oil distributorships he founded in 1970 in St. Petersburg, Fla. He owned and operated a chain of convenience stores throughout Florida.

He began his business career with Standard Oil Co. of Indiana in 1956, where he was a manager for 10 years.

He was a 1949 graduate of Boys' Latin School and earned a bachelor's degree from the University of Baltimore in 1953.

He served in the Army from 1954 to 1956 and was stationed in Alaska.

"He had two great loves, tennis and Ocean City," said Janet M. Glavin, his sister, who lives in Cedarcroft. "He played tennis and visited Ocean City whenever he could."

Mr. McFee was a member of the Florida Petroleum Marketing Association and the American Association of Individual Investors.

A Mass was offered Saturday at St. Brenden's Roman Catholic Church in Clearwater, where he was a longtime communicant.

Other survivors include his wife of 42 years, the former Elizabeth A. Heger; a son, Robert A. McFee Jr. of Belair, Fla.; three daughters, Terra M. Litkowski of Towson, Mary Beth Lawton of Pasadena and Jennifer G. Shannahan of Davidsonville; and five grandchildren.

Memorial donations may be made to Hospice Foundation of Florida Suncoast, 300 E. Bay Drive, Largo, Fla., 34640. Howard "Dutch" Kinnamon Jr., who coached youth teams in the Liberty Road area, died Tuesday of lymphoma at his parent's home in Cockeysville. He was 45.

He had worked for 15 years as a glazier, installing windows on office buildings in Washington and Baltimore -- including the Maryland Science Center -- until retiring because of illness in 1991.

Earlier, he was the manager and sound man for Trigger Happy, a defunct rock 'n' roll group.

He was born in Cambridge and grew up in Woodmoor, where he attended local schools.

He was a 1967 graduate of Milford Mill High School, where he played fullback and was a member of the wrestling team.

"He got his nickname because I hated the name Butch with a passion -- in the late 1940s everybody was naming their kids Butch -- so I called him Dutch," said his father, Howard Kinnamon Sr. of Cockeysville.

"He loved sports and the Orioles and coached two teams, served as commissioner and was on the board of directors of Liberty Road Baseball until he became ill," said his father.

"Last summer, while he was in Hopkins Hospital for a bone marrow transplant, he received two phone calls from Brooks Robinson, who had heard about him being sick, and a ball from Rex Barney. He was really thrilled."

He served in the Army from 1969 to 1971 with an artillery unit stationed in Germany. "He won an award for being the outstanding recruit at Fort Bragg and also an award from the Army Artillery School at Fort Sill," he said. He was discharged with the rank of specialist four.

He collected records and tapes and "loved all kinds of music," according to his father.

In addition to his father, he is survived by two brothers, Thomas C. Kinnamon of Westminster and John D. Kinnamon of Pasadena; a sister, Judy Keller of Glenmore, Pa; his mother, Gloria Kinnamon; his grandparents, Irvin and Ethel Greene of Cambridge; two nephews; and a niece.

Services were held Friday at Loring-Byers Funeral Home with interment in Garrison Forest Veterans Cemetery.

James Tamburrino

Warehouse worker

James C. Tamburrino, a warehouse worker, died April 8 of lung cancer at Franklin Square Hospital. The Dundalk resident was 76.

He retired in 1981, after a 31-year career as a warehouseman with the Halethorpe-based ElectroMotive Division of General Motors Corp. The plant, which closed in 1993, repaired locomotive components.

He enlisted in the Army during World War II and served as a military policeman in New Guinea, New Zealand and Australia.

While stationed in Australia, he organized an interunit Army football game, which, according to family members, was the first football game ever played there.

He was discharged with the rank of sergeant in 1945, and after returning to his hometown of McKeesport, Pa., moved to Baltimore in 1948.

After working briefly for the construction company that was building Memorial Stadium, he went to work for GM.

Aquileia Forte, a sister who lives in Graceland Park, said, "He loved to cook and entertain his family on holidays. He used to make up recipes -- throw a little of this in and a little of that. His favorite dishes were polenta, stuffed peppers and a baked meatloaf. And what wonderful breads he used to bake."

He was born and reared in McKeesport, where he received his education and led the high school basketball team to a 1934 citywide championship. After graduation, he played softball and semiprofessional football for the McKeesport Crimsons.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.