Olin O. Ellis Jr.Securities analystOlin O. Ellis Jr., a...

May 02, 1994

Olin O. Ellis Jr.

Securities analyst

Olin O. Ellis Jr., a retired securities analyst and former Baltimore native, died Monday of complications from diabetes at his home in New York City. He was 69.

He was reared in Guilford, the son of Col. O. O. Ellis Sr., who was a professor of military tactics at the Johns Hopkins University and later a Baltimore businessman.

Mr. Ellis was a 1942 graduate of Boys' Latin School. He entered Princeton University but left to join the Army Air Corps in 1943. He served as a navigator aboard B-17 Flying Fortresses with the 490th Bomber Group of the Eighth Air Force on bombing missions over Germany. He was decorated with the Air Medal, five oak leaf clusters and three battle stars.

After being discharged in 1945 as a first lieutenant, he returned to Princeton, where he earned his bachelor's degree in economics in 1949. While at college, he played lacrosse and was active in the Princeton Evangelical Fellowship.

He continued his education at Wheaton College in Illinois where he earned bachelor's and master's degrees in divinity in 1955. He moved to Washington, where he began his business career with Sears & Roebuck Co., then moved to New York when he took a position with Standard & Poor's Corp.

In the early 1960s, he became a limited partner and securities analyst with Goodbody & Co., a brokerage firm, where his expertise was concentrated on private investments, humanitarian charities and the arts. He retired in 1971.

Services were set for 1 p.m. today at University Baptist Church, 3501 N. Charles St., Baltimore, with interment at Druid Ridge Cemetery.

He is survived by a sister, Suzanne E. Hawley of Winston-Salem, N.C.; and several nephews and nieces.

Memorial donations may be made to the International Rescue Committee, 386 Park Ave. S., New York, N.Y. 10016.

Aurel Foster

Church worker

Aurel Foster, who topped off 40 years of Presbyterian missionary work in Pakistan with 17 years of church work in Baltimore, died Wednesday in her sleep at the Methodist Manor House in Seaford, Del., at the age of 95.

Mrs. Foster began living in Baltimore in 1963 and served unofficially and then officially as the church greeter for what are now the Brown Memorial Presbyterian churches. Her husband, the Rev. Robert A. Foster, was assistant pastor of the churches before his death about 20 years ago.

Deborah B. Morrison, who knew Mrs. Foster at Brown Memorial, described her as a person "who was willing to drop whatever she was doing in order to help anyone."

In 1972, Mrs. Foster worked in the Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA) program, teaching domestic skills to residents of the lower Park Heights area.

The former Aurel Anderson was born in India to a family of missionaries and graduated from Westminster College in New Wilmington, Pa.

She and her husband worked in what is now Pakistan from 1922 until 1962.

She is survived by a son, Bruce Foster of Denton, Texas; four daughters, Dorothy Harrold of Syracuse, N.Y., Janet Anderson of Ashland, Ore., Roberta Crowell of Springfield, Mass., and Elizabeth Schwartz of Voorheesville, N.Y.; 12 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.

Services were held Saturday.

Cyril E. Fowble Jr.

Chrysler executive

Cyril E. Fowble Jr., a retired Chrysler Corp. official, died Wednesday of cancer at his home in Newark, Del. The Baltimore County native was 81.

He retired in 1974 after two years at Chrysler headquarters in Detroit. He had managed the Newark plant from 1962 until 1974, and earlier had been assistant plant manager in Los Angeles. He joined the company in 1957.

After retiring from Chrysler, he was a private consultant.

He began working in the automobile business at the General Motors plant in Baltimore in 1936. During World War II, he was a project engineer on the production of the Grumman Avenger aircraft.

Born in Arcadia in northwestern Baltimore County, he was a graduate of Franklin High School and attended Western Maryland College.

He is survived by his wife of 61 years, the former Margaret S. Horsey; a son, Cyril E. Fowble III of Moreland Hills, Ohio; a daughter, E. McSherry Fowble of Newark; two sisters, Maxine Krajovic of Phoenix, and Mary Long of Marco Island, Fla.; and two grandchildren.

Services were held Saturday.

Jerome H. Fuller Sr.

Plant superintendent

Jerome H. Fuller Sr., plant superintendent for a marine seating company, died Tuesday of congestive heart failure at St. Agnes Hospital after being stricken at work. He was 54 and had lived for 31 years in the Hollinswood section of Southwest Baltimore.

He had been employed by Turnbull Enterprises, which manufactures seats for the Navy and also ships' furniture, for 35 years.

"He was a devoted employee and just a lovely man," said Bill Alexander, president of the company located on Benson Avenue. "He was a good man and was well-liked."

Mr. Fuller was born and reared in West Baltimore and received his education at St. Benedict's School.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.