The highlights tonight, on reputation and faith (since they haven't been previewed), are fresh episodes of "The X-Files" and "Picket Fences."
* "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr." (8 p.m.-9 p.m., WBFF, Channel 45) -- The supernatural is expected on "The X-Files," but tonight it makes another appearance on the show preceding it on Fox, as Socrates (Christian Clemenson) is kidnapped by a ghost. Fox.
* "MacShayne: The Final Roll of the Dice" (9 p.m.-11 p.m., WMAR, Channel 2) -- Guest star Maria Conchita Alonso plays a rock star in this second "MacShayne" mystery from Dan Tanna country -- Las Vegas, that is. Kenny Rogers stars, with supporting roles parceled out to James Stephens (formerly of "Paper Chase") and Michael McKean (currently of "Saturday Night Live"). NBC.
* "Step By Step" (9 p.m.-9:30 p.m., WJZ, Channel 13) -- This is one of those fantasy sitcom episodes in which everybody gets to play dress-up: Cody (Sasha Nitchell) writes a Sam Spade-style mystery, imagining himself and his family as the various characters. ABC.
* "Burke's Law" (9 p.m.-10 p.m., WBAL, Channel 11) -- The guest cast tonight? How about one part "Partridge Family," one part "Family Affair" and one part "Father Dowling Mysteries"? Or, if you prefer, Shirley Jones, Brian Keith and Tracy Nelson, respectively. CBS.
* "The X-Files" (9 p.m.-10 p.m., WBFF, Channel 45) -- One of the creepiest "X-Files" to date concerned some cloned little girls who were much more devious and deadly than they appeared. The writers seem to have cloned that idea, sort of, for this week's new episode, in which another little girl is possessed by the vengeful spirit of a dead cop. Fox.
* "Picket Fences" (10 p.m.-11 p.m., WBAL, Channel 11) -- If David E. Kelley's story lines involving the Catholic and Methodist and Jewish leaders of Rome, Wis., haven't gotten him any religious backlash yet, tonight's episode may break that streak. The primary plot has Father Barrett, the priest played as a recurring character by Roy Dotrice, revealed as a shoe fetishist. That same fetish was attached earlier this season, in dream form, to Maurice (Barry Corbin) on "Northern Exposure." CBS.
* "The Crush" (8 p.m.-9:30 p.m., Cinemax) -- Alicia Silverstone, the alluring and defiant young woman in those Aerosmith videos, stars in this 1993 movie as a modern Lolita, keeping her rebel image totally intact.
A5 * "Snow Kill" (9 p.m.-11 p.m., USA) -- Snow good.