Seven charged with drug possession

April 08, 1994|By Peter Hermann | Peter Hermann,Sun Staff Writer

Seven people, including a woman who is 8 1/2 months pregnant, were charged yesterday with numerous counts of cocaine possession after county police officers raided their home in Severn.

Members of the Western District Tactical Narcotics Team raided a house about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 1900 block of Arwell Court in Pioneer City. It was their second raid on the house in two months.

Police said their investigation began after complaints from community residents.

Police did not detail what they seized inside the house, but said they confiscated crack cocaine, drug paraphernalia, homemade smoking devices and a small amount of money. The earlier raid occurred Feb. 4 after police said an undercover officer bought crack cocaine from someone inside the house.

While searching the residence, police said they received a tip that two men were headed for the house with crack cocaine. Police stopped the car in Severn and said they found a small amount of crack cocaine inside the vehicle.

The car's occupants were identified as Timothy James Dorsey, 22, of the 8600 block of Pioneer Drive, Severn, and Dennis Raymond Smith, 31, of the 6700 block of Sewells Fortune Drive, Columbia. Each was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of crack cocaine.

The five people inside the house were each charged with possession of crack cocaine. Police identified them as Jennette Elaine Brown, 36, who lived at the raided house; Elizabeth Ardella Lewis, 46, of the 1200 block of Thompson Ave., Severn; Paulette Douglas, 38, of the 1200 block of East Preston St., Baltimore; Elizabeth Marlene Penny, 30, of the 5800 block of Morning Bird Lane, Columbia; and Maria Angela Summers, 28, of the 7800 block of S. Hampton Drive, Glen Burnie.

Police said Ms. Summers was pregnant and complained of going into labor while at the Western District Police Station in Odenton.

Authorities called an ambulance at 9:31 p.m., which arrived at the station at 9:43 p.m., according to Battalion Chief Gary Sheckells, a spokesman for the Anne Arundel County Fire Department.

Mr. Sheckells said Ms. Summers refused treatment, and the ambulance left a few minutes later.

Police said Ms. Summers did not go into labor. She was released from custody early yesterday on personal recognizance bail by a District Court commissioner in Glen Burnie.

A trial date has not been set.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.