Pitcher Jamie Stoddard struck out five and walked none in four innings to lead No. 3 Arundel (2-0) to a 10-2 win over unranked Oakland Mills (0-1) in the first round of the Arundel Baseball Tournament.
Arundel's Jeff Hedrick had two hits and one RBI.
The next game in the tournament will be Queen Anne's against No. 1 Calvert Hall at 10 a.m. tomorrow. The consolation game will be at 12:30 and the championship is expected to begin at 3:30.
* Mount St. Joseph 7, Spalding 0: Steve Matcuk pitched 10 strikeouts to give No. 6 Mount St. Joseph (2-0) its second shutout of the season. Eric Jeschke hit a home run for the Gaels.
* Edgewood 9, Dunbar 1: Edgewood pitcher Tim Hamulack allowed eight hits, struck out 11 and walked only one batter in a complete-game win over visiting Dunbar (0-2). Junior third baseman Robbie Mister had two triples and two RBIs for No. 16 Edgewood (2-1).
* Parkville 9, Franklin 3: Ryan Darmsteadt went 3-for-4 with two RBIs as Parkville (1-1) ran past host Franklin (0-1). The Knights scored seven runs in the first inning.
* Loyola 6, Gibbons 4: Right-hander Mike Dowgiewicz struck out as host Loyola (4-0) defeated Cardinal Gibbons.
* Boys' Latin 11, John Carroll 3: Chris Turner led No. 5 Boys Latin (5-1) with his two goals and four assists as the Lakers beat the Patriots (0-1).
* Southwestern 9, Walbrook 8: Junior attackman Sean Cummings scored five goals as visiting Southwestern (1-1, 1-1) downed Walbrook (0-2, 0-2) in a Baltimore City League game.
Southwestern broke a 4-4 halftime score by going on a 3-1 third-quarter scoring run. Senior midfielder Daryl Parker added two goals to Southwestern's cause.
* Bel Air 14, Chesapeake-BC 3: David Watts and Andy Cunningham scored three goals and one assist each to lead Bel Air (1-0) past Chesapeake of Baltimore County in a nonleague game.
* Mervo 4, Northern 2: Joseph Cole scored two goals as Mervo (1-3) edged Northern (0-4) in a Baltimore City-Wide League game. This was Mervo's first win in two years.
* Forest Park 12, Edmondson 3: James Heath, a senior midfielder, scored three goals and handed out three assists as Forest Park (3-0) beat Edmondson (2-1).
* Lake Clifton 4, City 2: Paul Preston scored with five minutes left to break a 2-2 tie as visiting Lake Clifton (3-0) edged City (1-2) in a Baltimore City-Wide League game. Lakers goalie David Fulgham, who held the Knights scoreless in the first half, made nine saves. Frank Hutson had 18 saves for City.
* St. Ignatius (Cal.) 13, Spalding 3: In the first round of the North County Tournament, St. Ignatius (San Francisco) defeated Spalding (0-2). Steve Shaffer, Andy Scarborough and Jason Duffy each scored a goal for Spalding.
* North Harford 8, McDonogh 7: Jason Bellamy, a senior attackman, scored three goals and had two assists to lead North Harford (4-0) over McDonogh.
* Carver 10, Southern-B 1: Anthony Jenney had three goals and two assists in leading visiting Carver (1-2) past Southern (0-3).
* Mount de Sales 23, Franklin 5: Visiting No. 7 Mount de Sales (6-0) scored 12 first-half goals in its win over Franklin.
* Bryn Mawr 7, Garrison Forest 7: Carol Fakhry led No. 14 Bryn Mawr (2-1-1) with three goals, but the Mawrtians ended in a tie with Garrison Forest (0-0-1).
* McDonogh 8, Catholic 6: Lauren Mishner, a junior second baseman, had a double and a triple to lead McDonogh (3-1,22-1) in a win over Catholic (1-1) in a Catholic League game.
* Franklin 9, Hereford 4: Ivy Hailey and Cindy Coleman each had a double as Franklin (2-1) passed Hereford (3-1).
* Patterson 15, Lake Clifton 0: Anna Kakavas, a junior outfielder, hit a triple for Patterson (3-1, 2-0) to help shut out Lake Clifton (0-2, 0-2) in a Baltimore City 4A League game.