The backcourt combination of Robert Smith and Alfonso Jones combined for 37 as Douglass downed City, 71-60, in a Baltimore City 2A-3A boys basketball League game yesterday. Senior 5-foot-2 point guard Smith scored 19 points and his freshman backcourt teammate Jones added 18 for the Ducks (9-9).
* Southwestern 80, Mervo 49: Reginald Johnson scored 19 and seven assists as No. 7 Southwestern (17-4) topped Mervo. Junior forward Donnie Joy added 18 points and 10 rebounds and six steals for the Sabres, who outscored the Mustangs 46-28 in the )) second half.
* Carver 88, Northwestern 86: Senior guard Terry Curry snapped an 81-81 tie with a layup with 29 seconds left to help Carver (6-12, 6-9) edge Northwestern (3-7, 3-4) in a Baltimore City 2A-3A League game.
Carver led by 12 at the half -- 45-33 -- before Northwestern rallied in the second half. Senior guard Wardell Harmon led Carver with 19 and junior forward Jason Johnson added 16.
* Southern-AA 85, Northeast 48: Chatney Howard, a senior forward, led No. 10 Southern-AA (16-4, 5-1) with 22 as the Bulldogs defeated Northeast. Eddy Paddy added 16 and six rebounds for the Bulldogs.
* Edgewood 72, Bel Air 41: Alfred McAllister scored 18 points to lead No. 17 Edgewood (15-4, 10-1) over visiting Bel Air in a Harford County League game.
* Poly 89, Forest Park 64: Senior forward Brian Scott scored 19 and grabbed 11 rebounds to lift Poly (15-6) over host Forest Park in a Baltimore City 2A-3A league game. Senior point guard Kiam Preston and Mamel Foster each contributed 16 for Forest Park.
* Edmondson 67, Patterson 59: Junior guard Terrell Smith dropped in 32 to lead Edmondson (11-10, 7-7) past host Patterson (8-17, 2-8) in a Baltimore City 4A League game. The Redskins came back from a five-point deficit to start the fourth quarter by outscoring the Clippers 30-17 in the final period.
* Meade 86, North County 56: Tyrone Jones poured in 30 as Meade (10-12) rolled past North County (9-13). Dennis Jenks added 21, including two three-pointers, for the Mustangs.
* Glenelg 65, Centennial 54: Senior forward Kevin Curtain scored 16 as host Glenelg (15-7, 9-5) defeated Centennial (11-8, 6-6) in a Howard County League game. Junior guard Jeff Cline and senior center Brian Meshkin each added 11 for the Gladiators.
* Oakland Mills 70, Hammond 59: Sophomore forward Michael Hill led all scorers with 28 as visiting Oakland Mills (5-13, 2-9) defeated Hammond (7-11, 4-7) in a Howard County League game. Junior forward Ted Crews led Hammond with 15 points and 13 rebounds.
* Glenelg CS 51, Waldorf (DC) 42: Kofi Kankam, a junior guard, scored a game-high 27 to lead Glenelg Country School (9-3) to a win over Waldorf (6-8). Glenelg Country School opened the game with a 16-6 run.
* Milford Mill 103, Pikesville 48: Keon Sellman scored 16 to lead No. 6 Milford Mill (19-0, 16-0) past visiting Pikesville in a Baltimore County 1A-2A game. The Millers scored 29 each of the first two quarters and went on to outscore the Knights by an average of 14 points each period.
* Perry Hall 69, Franklin 53: Magnus St. Ange and John Davis scored 11 each for Franklin (8-9) as they lost to Perry Hall.
* Overlea 73, Chesapeake-BC 56: Sophomore guard Troy Williams scored a game-high 27 as Overlea (14-5) downed visiting Chesapeake-BC in a Baltimore County 1A-2A League game. The Falcons expanded on their four-point halftime lead by outscoring the Bayhawks 21-14 in the third quarter.
* Loch Raven 58, Parkville 40: Junior Andrew Kyle led all scorers with 19 to help Loch Raven (12-8) defeat visiting Parkville in a nonleague game.
* Catonsville 70, Kenwood 51: Senior Edwin Garrett totaled 19 points and 16 rebounds as Catonsville (14-5) topped visiting Kenwood in a Baltimore County 1A-2A game.
* Dundalk 91, Lansdowne 63: Quay Jackson led Dundalk (10-8) with 20 points in a victory over host Lansdowne (3-16) in a Baltimore County 3A-4A Baltimore County League game. Jackson and Emar Fleming combined for 36 points.
* Joppatowne 67, Harford Tech 45: Senior 6-7 center Chris Gephardt had a game-high 30 as Joppatowne defeated host Harford Tech in a nonleague game. Kelly Turner, the area's second leading scorer, led Harford Tech with 17 points.
* Fallston 61, Harve de Grace 41: Senior forward Ephraim Dorsey had 14 points to lead Fallston (12-6) over visiting Harve de Grace (6-9) in a Harford County League game.
* North East 80, North Harford 71: John Stearns, a junior guard, had 21 for North Harford (1-16) but fell short to North East.