Hearings announced on school budget
The Howard County Public School System budget will be reviewed and adopted according to the following schedule:
* Wednesday -- At 7:30 p.m., Public Hearing I on the operating budget.
* Thursday -- At 7:30 p.m., Public Hearing II on the operating budget.
* Feb. 8 -- At 7:30 p.m., First public work session on the operating budget.
* Feb. 15 -- At 7:30 p.m., Second public work session on the operating budget.
* Feb. 17 -- At 7:30 p.m., Third public work session on the operating budget.
* Feb. 22 -- At 9 a.m, Board of Education adopts Fiscal 1995 Operating Budget Request.
* March 15 -- Board of Education submits budget request to the county executive, Fiscal 1995 Operating Budget, Capital Budget and Fiscal 1996-2000 Capital Improvements Program.
* June 1 -- Board of Education approves Fiscal 1995 Operating Budget and Capital Budget and Capital Improvement Program.
Meetings will take place in the Board Room at the Department oEducation, 10920 Route 108 in Ellicott City. The budget includes all operations of the school system.
College to hold public hearing
Howard Community College will hold a public hearing at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 9 to gauge the higher educational needs and interests of county residents.
Any resident of Howard County is invited to comment on courses, academic programs and other services provided by the college.
Businesses are encouraged to testify about training needs, trends and other education-related topics.
Information from the hearing will help guide the development of HCC's fiscal 1995 budget.
The college's board of trustees will preside.
The hearing will take place in the Smith Auditorium on campus. A sign-up sheet will be outside the auditorium for those wishing to speak. Presentations will be limited to five minutes.