The Carroll County public school administration has announced these opportunities for students to fulfill the public service requirement for graduation:
* Therapeutic Recreation Council: Various jobs are available for horseback-riding sessions.
Students must be comfortable with horses and interested in working with children and adults with disabilities. Call 848-4611.
Students are needed as scorekeepers for duckpin or tenpin bowling. Students interested in working with adult bowlers must be in high school. Call Karen Scott, 848-7969.
* Friends of Greenway Gardens: Help is needed to clean the Morgan Run Environmental Center arboretum. Work days are nTC usually the second Saturday of the month. Call 848-5406.
* Carroll Hospice: Jobs available include clerical, gardening, events and fund raising. Call 857-1838.
* Library-Alternative Programs: The Carroll County Public Library and Carroll County public schools' Alternative Programs need students 14 and older to be puppeteers for "Growing Together," a family-oriented program focusing on developing literacy skills for adults and children. Call 857-5059.
* State Student Service Advisory Board: "Youth Rise" is recruiting new members for service-learning education. Application deadline is Feb. 4 for middle and high school students. Contact the school's service coordinator or county coordinator at 848-8280, Ext. 3240.
* Epilepsy Association of Maryland: Teens are needed to be peer mentors on a telephone network that helps teens who have been diagnosed with epilepsy. Call 828-7700.
* ESL program: Students are needed to tutor "English as a Second Language" students at Mount Airy Elementary, South Carroll High, North Carroll Middle, Sykesville Middle, Francis Scott Key High, Liberty High, Carrolltowne Elementary and Robert Moton Elementary schools. Contact the school's service coordinator.