Harford County Crime Solvers is offering a reward up to $1,000 for the arrest and indictment of someone responsible for firing a BB gun at three boys walking along East McPhail Road near East Ring Factory Road about 3:15 p.m. Dec. 31.
One of the boys was struck in the eye.
Investigators are looking for a small or midsized gray truck with a darker gray cap, chrome bumper and tinted windows.
The vehicle may be a four-wheel-drive type.
Anyone with information about the incident should call the Crime Solvers hot line at (410) 877-STOP. Callers do not need to give their names or appear in court.
Gold watch, braceletstolen from residence
A woman told police that someone entered her residence in the 400 block of S. Union Ave. in Havre de Grace on Jan. 2 or 3.
A gold wristwatch and mesh bracelet were stolen. The loss was valued at $400.
Construction materials stolen in Bel Air
A Baltimore homebuilder reported to sheriff's deputies that someone stole construction materials from a building site on Mullholland Court in Bel Air on Jan. 3.
The missing items included plywood, lumber, insulation, adhesive and shingles.
The loss was valued at $3,554.
* 3400 block of Churchville Road: Breaking and entering at a residence Jan. 3. Theft of jewelry, a television and knife. The loss was valued at $1,270.
* 700 block of Moores Mill Road: Breaking and entering at a shed Jan. 5. Theft of a chain saw. The loss was valued at $400.
* 2200 block of Conowingo Road: Damage to door lock of a vehicle Jan. 6. Theft of amplifiers, speakers, radar detector and tape decks. The loss was valued at $1,260.
* 1100 block of Calvary Road: Theft of money from a soda machine Jan. 4. The loss was valued at $60.
* 1100 block of Clover Valley Way: Breaking and entering at a residence Jan. 1. Theft of checks, camera, jewelry, coins and videotapes. The loss was valued at $3,352.
* 900 block of Rumsey Place: Motor vehicle tampering Dec. 31. Theft of tool box and tools. The loss was valued at $800.
Elkton man accused of theft, trespassing
A 27-year-old Elkton man was free on $5,000 bond after he was arrested Jan. 8 on charges of theft over $300, malicious destruction of property, trespassing, being a rogue and vagabond, and numerous traffic charges, including driving while intoxicated.
Brian P. Grove of the 300 block of Landing Lane was parked in the 500 block of Fletchwood Road when he was spotted by a deputy sheriff on routine patrol.
As the deputy stopped to check the vehicle, the driver allegedly jumped out and ran.
Police caught and arrested Mr. Grove before they learned that he allegedly had been trying to load a $3,500 lawn tractor into his vehicle.