The Odenton Family Development Community and the YWCA of Annapolis and Anne Arundel County will present a Parent Effectiveness Training (PET) course from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., beginning Thursday at Odenton Elementary School. Classes will be on Thursdays through March 3.
The course will help parents improve their relationships with their children. Parents will learn how to listen, confront and resolve conflicts without hurting personal relationships.
Topics will include "What is Anger and How to Deal with It" and "What is Parental Power?"
Information: Jacqui Wood Cowan at 551-5208 or Nancy DeCandis at 647-1500.
Cub Scout Troop 663, sponsored by Howard I. Turner American Legion Post 276, presented awards at a December meeting to:
* George Norris, Progress Toward Rank Beads, Fitness Belt Loop, Archery Belt Loop, Bear rank and three arrow awards.
* Jeffrey Fonteneau, Progress Toward Rank Beads, Fitness Belt Loop, Archery Belt Loop and Soccer Belt Loop and Pin.
* Bobby Yeager, Fitness Belt Loop, Progress Toward Rank Beads, Archery Belt Loop and Baseball Belt Loop and Pin.
* Tony McAllister, Progress Toward Rank Beads, Archery Belt Loop and Fitness Belt Loop.
* Garrett Pardoe, Archery Belt Loop and Fitness Belt Loop.
* James St. Hilaire, Progress Toward Rank Beads and Fitness Belt Loop.
* David Campbell, Archery Belt Loop and Progress Toward Rank Beads.
* Brian LaAsmar, Archery Belt Loop.
* Kellen Alexander, Patrick Mullen and Jonathon Shipley, Progress Toward Rank Beads.
Several Webelos received the Citizenship Badge: Brian Broseker, Ian Stephens, Ian Smith, Wes Bedsworth and Jason Nizer.
Clarence Allen of Wolf Den 1 earned one Progress Toward Rank bead and a Sports Belt Loop.
Brandon Cato, Mark Shiffren and Ian Hines each were awarded a Sports Belt Loop.
Several Webelos from Den 2 have received the Showman Badge, including Ben Nardone, C.J. French, Andrew Kohlway, Matthew Rowland, Eric Huff, Billy Erisman and Russell Cosner.
Brady Lambert earned the Showman Badge and Soccer Belt Loop and Pin.
The next pack party is planned for 7 p.m. Monday at the post home on Quarterfield Road. The main activity will be the Pine Wood Derby Races. For more information, call Linda Fonteneau at 315-8113.
Cub Scout Pack 269, sponsored by the Four Seasons Women's Club, gave Pine Wood Derby kits to each scout at the December meeting. The boys will build cars to race at Four Seasons Elementary School at 2 p.m. Jan. 22.
Gold and silver arrow points for the Wolf rank went to Matthew Michels. World Conservation awards were given to Sean Linton and Mark Tyler.
Webelos activity badges were presented to Linton, scientist; and Joe Danahy, athlete, handyman and sportsman.
Several scouts received Music Belt Loops, including Brad Hurst, Matt Seaton, Marty Shatzer, Freddy Downing and Kevin Zoblisein.
Danahy was awarded a Physical Fitness Pin, and Billy Bergbauer earned a Baseball Belt Loop and Pin.
Information: Cubmaster Mark Hagensick at 721-0411
The West Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce will hold its annual meeting 11 a.m. Jan. 26 at Kaufmann's Tavern, 329 Gambrills Road.
County Executive Robert Neall will discuss the state of the county and the issues that will affect businesses in 1994. The annual report and Program of Action will be presented to members.
The cost is $20 for chamber members; $30 for nonmembers. Prospective members are welcome. Reservations are required by Jan. 24. Call 672-3422.