Jimmy Fields' two free throws with 16 seconds remaining lifted host Gilman to a 73-72 upset victory over No. 18 Carver in a non-league game. Fields (33 points, three rebounds, four FTC assists), a senior shooting guard for Gilman (2-1), broke the career scoring mark of 1,244 points that previously was held by Matt Eastwick.
Carver (0-1) had the last two shots of the game but could not score. Harrell Rice led the Bears with 22.
* Northern 76, Kenwood 59: Kizer Alvert scored 21 points to lead visiting Northern past Kenwood (0-1). Mike Jackson led the Bluebirds with 11 points.
* Mount Hebron 84, Friends 61: Curtis Jestes scored 23 points to lead host Mount Hebron past Friends in a non-league game. Kevin Tompkins added 17 for the Vikings. Hiram Holton led Friends with 18.
* Greater Grace 71, Cornerstone Christian 37: Junior shooting guard Matt Loeffert came off the bench to score 14 points to lead Greater Grace to a victory over visiting Cornerstone Christian.
* Glenelg CS 68, Chapelgate 52: Junior guard Kofi Kankam had 19 points and six steals to lead Glenelg Country School past Chapelgate Christian.
Senior forward Niket Mody had a team-high seven rebounds and added 14 points for Glenelg Country (1-0). Senior guard Abhishek Diwana had 13 points and four steals.
* Spalding 72, Chesapeake-AA 59: Senior center Doug Little scored 17 points as Spalding (1-0) topped visiting Chesapeake-AA (0-1) in a non-league game.
* Northeast 58, St. Mary's 54: Senior guard Mike Eaton and junior forward Delray Brooks split top-scoring honors with 16 apiece to lead host Northeast (1-0) past St. Mary's (0-2) in an Anne Arundel County League game.
L Taron Jones led St. Mary's with 19 and Kevin Sturn added 13.
* Northern 59, Severna Park 37: Guard Kanda Grey scored 23 points to lift visiting Northern-Calvert (1-0) over Severna Park (0-1). The Patriots built a 32-16 halftime advantage. Senior forward Chad Moran led Severna Park with 12.
* Severn 70, Annapolis Area Christian 44: Jaylonnie Booth scored a game-high 18 points as host Severn (3-1) defeated Annapolis Area Christian (1-1). Alhamisi Simms pulled down 10 rebounds and made seven steals for the Admirals.
* Mount St. Joe 66, Mervo 45: Ken Krabitz scored a game-high 14 points as host Mount St. Joseph (2-2) defeated Mervo.
* C. Milton Wright 56, Centennial 49, OT: John Bowman scored a game-high 17 points to lead visiting C. Milton Wright past Centennial in overtime. The Mustangs outscored Centennial 8-1 in overtime.
Centennial's Dave Hudson hit a running jumper with 10 seconds left to send the game into overtime.
* Havre de Grace 68, John Carroll 55: John Sawyer had 17 points and 14 rebounds, both team highs, to lead Havre de Grace (1-0) over visiting John Carroll (0-1).
* Northwestern 67, Walbrook 62, OT: Senior guard Darnetta Wilkins scored 16 points to lead Northwestern to a 67-62 win over No. 7 Walbrook in overtime in the Lake Clifton Mixer.
Jamee Greenwood's 36 points led Walbrook.
* L. Clifton 109, Southern-B 11: Jinika Conley scored 29, as No. 6 Lake Clifton (1-0) beat the visiting Bulldogs (0-1) in the Lake Clifton
Mixer. Celena Falline added 15 points and Natisha Ferguson (14 points) grabbed 18 rebounds.
* N. County 38, Lansdowne 36: Junior center Joy Farmer's free throws with 1.5 seconds remaining in regulation lifted host North County (1-0) past Lansdowne (0-1) in a non-league game.
Farmer finished with 16 points and 23 rebounds. Emma Ketterle had 10 points for North County.
* St. Mary's 84, Pallotti 55: St. Mary's (1-1) led by junior forward Annetta Davis (19 points, 20 rebounds) and Bridget Smith (13 points and 20 assists) downed Pallotti.
* Elkton 38, Aberdeen 28: Senior guard Erna Jones scored a career-high 21 points in a losing effort as Aberdeen fell to Elkton in a season-opener for both teams.
* Wilde Lake 32, IND 31: Anika Middleton hit the game-winner with 32 seconds left to lift host Wilde Lake (1-0) over Notre Dame (0-2). Kristen Riismandel led the Wildecats with 11 while Robin Johnson led all scorers with 16.
* Severn 45, Annapolis Chr. 23: Severn center sophomore Kate Graw had 14 points and 12 rebounds to lead Severn (5-0) past Annapolis Christian.
* St. Frances 75, Patterson 31: Melba Chambers, a junior forward, dropped in 20 field goals for a career-high 40 points as St. Frances (1-0) beat host Patterson (0-1).
* Harford Chr. 47, Lancaster 30: Harford Christian senior center Laura Thomas scored her 1,000th career point -- as she totaled 21 to lead Harford Christian past Lancaster Country Day School.
* Edgewood 43, North East 30: Senior forward Nicole Wilson scored 22 points as Edgewood (1-0) defeated visiting North East (Cecil). The Rams outscored North East (0-1), 29-15 in the second half.
* McDonogh 59, Friends 19: Sonia Chase scored 16 points and McDonogh took a 36-9 first-half lead en route to the win over host Friends.
* C.M. Wright 53, Centennial 37: C.M. Wright's sophomore forward Miranda James scored 14 points and had six rebounds to lead the Mustangs past Centennial.
Sophomore forward Erin Updegrove registered 12 points. She added two steals and assists for C.M. Wright (1-0).
* Glenelg CS 24, Chapelgate 21: Jordana Woodford scored eight points to lead Glenelg Country School (2-0) over Chapelgate. Glenelg Country School held Chapelgate to a single basket in the second half.