The holiday season is upon us. Thanksgiving is a time to count our blessings, but many times in the rush to get ready for the feast, we lose sight of that.
Happy Thanksgiving to our readers.
* Brooklyn Heights United Methodist Church, 110 Townsend Ave., will hold a Community Thanksgiving Service at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Everyone is invited.
* St. John Lutheran Church, 226 Washburn Ave., wants to remind its members and neighbors of two holiday services.
A 9:15 a.m. service will be held Wednesday at the Day School Chapel.
The third Thanksgiving Service of Holy Communion will be held at 10 a.m., Thanksgiving Day. Everyone is asked to bring a canned or boxed food item as part their offering.
For more information, call 355-7295.
* Wednesday at 7:30 p.m., a Community Thanksgiving Eve Service, sponsored by the Ministerial Alliance, will be held at Immanuel United Methodist Church, Fifth Street and Annabel Avenue.
* St. Rose of Lima, 410 Jeffrey St., will conduct its holiday service at 9 a.m.
Belle Grove Elementary School news: The PTA will hold its annual Parent-Teacher Conference Bake Sale this week.
Goodies will be on sale from 8 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. today, and 8 a.m. until noon tomorrow in the lobby.
Brooklyn Park Elementary School news: Seven students won the reading lottery during Children's Book Week.
Congratulations to Jennifer Anderson, Lee Bennett, Robert Fuller, Christine Gayo, Steven Isaac, Tina Krebs and Geoffrey Phillips, who were each given a book.
Brooklyn Park/Lindale Middle Junior High School has welcomed two staff members: foreign language teacher Brigitta Miranda and custodian Rodney Shaw.
The Belle Grove Community Security Patrol is looking for residents who can donate time to help patrol the community.
If you are interested or would like more information, call Tom Brown at 789-8209.
Harbor Hospital Center news: The hospital is offering a free packet of information on low-fat and low-cholesterol eating tips and recipes for the holidays.
The information is designed to help individuals face the challenging months of holiday overeating and poor eating and exercising habits.
For more information, call 347-2563.
* Looking ahead to the days of snow and ice, the hospital has put out the call for the owners of four-wheel drive vehicles who would be willing to take key personnel to work during inclement weather.
If you are able to help, call 347-3478.
Brooklyn Park Health Association news: The flu season is here, and the center is holding its annual influenza shot clinic from 9 a.m. to noon and from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday.
For more information, call 222-6620.