25 Years Ago (Week of Nov. 10-16, 1968):* The B&O Railroad...


November 21, 1993|By Information for this column was compiled by Diane Mullaly from the files of the Howard County Historical Society's library.

25 Years Ago (Week of Nov. 10-16, 1968):

* The B&O Railroad Station at the foot of Ellicott City's Main Street was declared a Registered Historic Landmark. Secretary of the Interior Stewart Udall approved the recommendation made by the Department of the Interior's Advisory Board on National Parks, Historic Sites, Buildings and Monuments.

50 Years Ago (Week of Nov. 14-20,1943):

* E.K. Hebden of Meadow Ridge was presented with an Observe pin and a 1,000-hour bar by the Aricraft Warning Service at a special service awards ceremony for aicraft spotters. Mr. Hebden was one of 72 area residents honored at the ceremony, which was held in the Halethorpe Legion Hall.

* Notification was received that Pvt. John F. Baker had been wounded during the Balttle of Salerno.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.